Clara

Dielari: Why?
Chapter 11
Clara

****

I think Diego wants to go on a date with me. Well he didn't exactly say it was a date but I know what he's like and Tini's told me she heard Jorge giving him advice on the phone the other day so I know they're up to something. Comes in handy when your best friend is dating the boy's best friend! I need to get my priorities straight, I do like Diego and I just need to see how this 'friends' thing works out before I start declaring the love I have for him.

A part of me does still love him, but I'm just not sure if I'm ready to go back into a relationship with him. I'm scared. But at the same time that fear is not alone as I have a small part of excitement of what this new side to a romance with Diego could be like. We never had any real time to ourselves when Violetta ended, sure we spent our time together on tour but it was always interrupted or too short. We had so much going on that our love life was as if it was packed into a really tight space, so many feelings but not enough time or ways to express them and really come together.

I agreed to meet him for a movie at 3 this afternoon and I'm so nervous, I can't decide what to wear and when I get there he will honestly look like some male model and I will look as if I just woke up. It's going to happen I know it! I spend about an hour and a half going through my closet and trying to piece an outfit together that has the right look for this 'not really sure if it's a date, date.' Eventually I decide my favourite pair of light-wash jeans will do and one of my favourite shirts ever in a pastel pink with my ballerina pumps and a denim jacket. When we first started dating obviously it was filming for Violetta 2 and my hair was constantly curled for Angie, so I decide to bring that back by tying my hair back into a sleek ponytail then using my curling wand to create some nice curls. I thought to rekindle our relationship it would be a good idea to bring back memories of the past. Good memories.

**

I give Diego a quick text as I get near as I need to make sure that this 'date' is still on. He texts back saying he's looking forward to seeing me which makes me blush like hell! I feel special, sort of how I felt when we were actually together. I see him by the corner outside the movie theatre waiting for me, bringing the blush out again and a huge grin to my face.

I knew it, he looks so hot and compared to him, I look like some sort of pauper. Okay, stop thinking about looks-he doesn't care and neither should you.

"Diego hey!" I manage to blurt out after thinking of what to say.
"You're here, that's great! Thanks for coming, I uh, not that I didn't think you would come-you always kept to your promises and stuff-" He stumbles making a small laugh erupt from my lips.

"I uh, wouldn't miss a-um a-friendly hang out-for...anything.." I couldn't think what to say, it wasn't a date but I didn't know what else to call it. I just shake it off and say, "So what movie do you want to see then?"

He smiles at me,"This is going to sound pretty stupid, but I was thinking Frozen 2, the sing along version?" He then tries to justify, "I just thought, you know Tini's voice features and we should support her seeing as it's her birthday next week?"
I laugh,"Or is it because you really want to see Frozen 2 and sing along, which is fitting seeing as the both of us can sing!"

"I know it's stupid, never mind, we could see-" I cut him off before he can finish,
"I actually would love to see Frozen 2."
"Really? You don't have to, I understand, it was just a suggestion."
I nod,"Diego I seriously don't care that the movie we see is a disney movie! We both love disney right so why not?"

He smiles, "Great. Frozen 2 it is!"

****

We come out of the movie theatre smiling and laughing, that was such a good movie and I forgot what it was like singing with Diego, I mean sure it wasn't exactly professionally but it was nice to hear. Thing is though, even though we didn't see any kind of romance film or horror film that I could jump into his arms at if I got scared, I don't really feel less Romantically attracted to Diego. It's not like I don't not like him as a friend anymore, but I really thought I'd see him as a guy friend rather than a boyfriend I'm still a little in love with. I assume it just takes a little time.
---------