What is time?

We spent the night in the house Stone had built

      But we didn't sleep. We rested on each other's energy, though deeply we were tired, and I could tell from the low rise of his eyes that he was sad.
      "What's the matter?" I asked shyly, running my hands over the open flames, though secretly I wished to touch his hand again.
      "I suppose I'm fine really, why are you sad?"
    "I wanted to go back home, but I had no way of getting there. And I still don't." I muttered defeatedly.
        "What is your home like?" For a moment I was at lost for an actual answer to not give away where I was really from. I felt obligated to make up a silly lie.
       So I closed my hands hastily, and turned, only to cease in his heartfelt gaze. He just seemed to stare right through my very existence with a strong compassionate authority.
    And my lie instantly left me, growing closer I sat beside him, he was still in his vest. His coat rested on the chair behind him. And his eyes were more full of life than any soul, losing the thought of who I was completely, I forgot about my home.
    I forgot about who I was. And all I knew was now, Stone, this house. His home. That he opened up to me, and he now called it our home.
      Together, as if I spent all of my time, dedication, blood, sweat, and tears to build this sanctuary.
     He hardly knew me, he knew nothing of me. But he was trusting, he recklessly put all of his faith in me, and it wasn't an obligation that I now felt the same.
        "My home is nothing like here. It-its different much more different."
    "Different is a vague way of explaining something unique, don't you think?"
       He smiled widely, the appearance charming, almost paralyzing, the sight was truly alluring. He challenged me for my honesty, but I wasn't up for that challenge just yet.
    I wanted to enjoy his company for a while longer, a while longer was indeed a while.
    Months passed, March soon became June, and June, December.
    What is time when everyday feels like forever?
What is time, when there is you and I?