Twelve.

The small diner that Harry drove Clio and I to was practically empty. I was thankful for that. I felt a lot less paranoid with the absence of strangers. Though, there was an old couple a few tables over. When we sat down, I noticed them staring. But they may have been staring at how weird I looked or how young I was with a daughter. I was an adult, but I definitely looked young. I tried not to think about it. Old people stare sometimes just like kids and babies do.

The waitress came over to take our orders and left quickly. She had left Clio a pack of crayons and some coloring sheets. Clio gripped the crayon tightly in her hand as she scribbled carefully. Her tongue stuck out the corner of her mouth in concentration.

Harry and I silently looked at each other. His green eyes studied my ugly brown eyes.

"So how did you and that Zayn guy meet in the first place," Harry questioned, breaking the silence. I cringed internally. The way Zayn and I met was a bit embarrassing for me in hindsight. But I decided to be honest to Harry since I was too exhausted to come up with a better story. And Harry was the kind of guy to call me out for fibbing anyways.

"I saw a guy who looked like my ex. I kinda panicked and grabbed Clio and ran. It wasn't him but I was tired after running so I sat down. And I guess it looked like I was hurt or something I guess," I explained, blushing and looking away from Harry.

"You had my number. Why didn't you call me," Harry frowned, looking a bit hurt.

"I panicked," I answered simply. "And everything worked out. I made a new friend," I shrugged. Harry's face still held a frown. He lowered his voice.

"But what if it was him. You can't outrun him with a toddler. I know you were panicked, but hiding is your best bet. I would have come to get you immediately," Harry sighed. I felt anger wash over me. I was truly panicked and everything happened so quickly and unexpectedly. I didn't have time to think. My only focus was getting out of there as quickly as possible. Hiding definitely would have been the better and less physically strenuous choice, but the past was the past.

"I can't change the past, Harry," I argued.

"I know. But these are things you need to think about," Harry shot back.

"I already know I'm a bad mother. I don't need reminders. I'm just trying my best but I'm not perfect," I whispered, angry, but trying not to draw Clio's attention to the argument.

"Elora, that's not what I said. I'm just saying maybe you should consider your options in the future if this were to happen again, instead of running and then getting in the car with a stranger" Harry argued. I was incredibly frustrated.

I didn't know why Harry seemed so angry with me. Maybe I should have reacted differently in the situation, but it didn't even matter anymore. That man was not my ex husband, and everything worked out. I didn't need Harry to berate me like I was a child. I had gained confidence since leaving Dustin, and I wasn't about to let Harry walk all over me.

"You just don't like that I met Zayn, do you," I accused, crossing my arms over my chest. Harry's eyebrows raised in shock. He shook his head and frowned even deeper. His green eyes were cold.

"You think I'm jealous of him," Harry questioned angrily.

"You sure seem to be," I answered. Harry shook his head but was cut off before he could reply. The waitress set plates of food in front of each of us. I helped Clio cut up her food and we all ate in silence.

I glanced up a few times to occasionally find the old couple staring and me. I smiled back at them and tried to ignore them for the rest of our meal. When we finished, the waitress set the bill on our table and I snatched it up before Harry could as sort of a power move. It was probably a stupid decision to pay out of stubbornness since I was so strapped for cash, but I didn't want to give in to Harry.