Chapter 01: Final Year of Juniour High

"Alright class! Settle down! I know this is your last year here, but we've got a new transfer student who was enrolled... last minute, like an hour ago..." The teacher sighed, shaking his head. "C'mon in kid."

Walking into the classroom, currently inhabited by one such Katsuki Bakugou, Izuku Midoriya, as well as the rest of their juniour high class, was a thin-set boy, an eye-patch over his left eye, the other a blood-red, and framed by black, almost Opalescent hair, tied to the right side in a long ponytail by a red ribbon.

Along with his slight frame, he wasn't exactly intimidating in height either, standing, currently at 163 cm, but based on his medical reports, he seemed to have grown exponentially since being found... So, perhaps that would change eventually.

"H-Hello. I am N-Naoki K-Kirahara. It's a p-pleasure to meet you all. I hope-" Naoki could barely keep eye-contact, bowing respectfully to his new peers, but was interrupted.

The one question he dreaded the first to be asked.

"What's your Quirk?" "Yeah!" "Show us what you've got!"

Naoki inhaled deeply, letting it out calmly and slowly, the class waiting loudly in anticipation. "I-I actually... I don't have a Quirk..." Naoki squeezed his eyes shut, awaiting what he worried would happen to him if he chose to hide his Quirk, but in all truth, he wasn't lying, having enunciated a word of his reply...

Because of his Quirk, he didn't have just a Quirk. And, with how little he grasped it as a whole or had a handle on it all, he was better off not 'having' one. It was the safest method.

"What!" "Great, another trashy reject." "Nah, he's worse, he's as bad as Midoriya."

"Hah! So, you're as defenseless and worthless as Deku."

As he had no proof of his past, birth, and not really even a family name- just a vague instinct, one he held onto- or, frankly, any record of his own existence at all... he was able to hide his Quirk, and along with that, so much more.

Although, perhaps, in part to not having the memories to begin with, it was far easier to hide these things so well. Like his doctor- since the beginning of his stay at the hospital, conscious and not- had told him.

Hajime Shinsou told him after recovering well enough to leave the ICU, 'It's impossible to lie about yourself when not even you know or remember anything in the first place. But, why do you want to hide your Quirk?'

An honest question, so Naoki gave an honest answer.

I just want people to find out who I am and what I am like without seeing me for my Quirk first.

Besides, if I word it like I'm planning, I won't even be lying to begin with, it'll be dependent on whether or not they're actually listening. I think it might help in building good relationships, in a weird way. I'm less likely to trust someone, and end up used or manipulated, if they see nothing worth using me for, reguarding my Quirk, I mean.

I'm still... Not sure how to tell outright if someone is worth trusting, other than instantaneous instinctual reactions, and I also know, from just these few months, that I don't trust easily in the first place. This may help me in finding people who are trustable in their very nature...

And, if they are able to spot the truth, or don't automatically write me off at not having a Quirk, then I will be able to trust them a lot better. It will make opening up easier. If I make a friend from this, I'll tell them about my Quirk right away, I promise, Hajime-san!

The doctor had a Quirk called 'Insomnia', and had been monitoring Naoki while recovering. But, as for what happened to him, he didn't really know himself. Naoki only knew what the tired doctor had recorded and reported... Or, basically, any medical procedure, test or documentation since being brought in by someone, who now looked after Naoki, Toshinori Yagi. Though, most of the public knew him as All Might, the Number 1 Pro Hero.