Lost Treasure

Ten years ago...in a secluded expanse of trees and hidden caves, the red King of the Fire Dragons and adoptive father to Natsu Dragneel, laid basking in the midday sun. The Dragon King, Igneel, curled up and basked, enjoying the little peace and quiet he could get whilst his son had run off to play; exploring and no doubt causing trouble elsewhere in the forest. Igneel had found and taken in the little pink-haired boy, Natsu, when he was around eight or nine years old. At that point, he had a lot of education and life experience to catch up on. Although it was an unusual task, Igneel took it upon himself to protect and care for him as if he were one of his own little dragon whelps; creating their own thunder of dragons made of two.

"Ig...da...daddy Igneel! Look what I've found! Quick! Quiiick!"

"Grrrrrr what is it now Natsu?! I was enjoying a nap!"

The energetic little boy bounded into Ingeel's face and started pulling at his horns, scratching his cheeks scales; attempting to tug him towards the direction he had come from.

"Come on...come on...come on...you've got to see this!"

"Roooaaarrrrrr!

Very well son, this better be good!"

Natsu ran hurriedly into the trees on the far side of their nest by the mountain; tripping on small sticks and slipping on leaves in his haste. He led the way down towards the stream with Igneel stomping closely behind him. As they reached the opening in the trees that lead to the bank of the stream, there lay an animal of some sort, unmoving. Upon closer inspection, Ingeel concluded that it was in fact a small human girl, probably quite young no doubt. She was littered with small cuts and bruises, soaked through from the water of the river, and her black and red hair clinging to her round face. She appeared to be either asleep or unconscious, he wasn't entirely sure. Natsu crawled over to her curled form on the ground and tried to gently shake her awake; Igneel didn't miss the awe and protectiveness naturally coming off Natsu in waves and the twinkle in his eyes as he looked down at her.

"Is she ok? Can we keep her?"

"I'm not sure. And she isn't a pet, we can't keep her, we don't even know who she is or if she's dangerous!"

"Aaawww come on daddy Igneel! She's only a little girl. She can be a part of our family! I've always wanted a little sister!"

"Grrrr this is ridiculous. Very well, we can take her back and help her with her injuries for now. Once she awakens then we can find out who she is and what to do."

"Yaaayyyy!"

After a few long days of nursing the little girl's injuries, Igneel and Natsu were finally rewarded with glittering silver eyes and a warm innocent smile as she woke up rested and fully healed. After Igneel's interrogation, he found that her situation was very much like Natsu's, although she was a few years younger than him. She didn't have a name nor remember anything about her short-lived past. Therefore Igneel bestowed the name Electra upon her; meaning 'sparkling', just like her shimmering silvery eyes, and 'fiery' on behalf of her hair and personality, as well as on the same vein as the legacy soon to be passed down to her. The mighty fierce dragon with a fiery temper to match, quickly fell in love with the little girl and instantly thought of her as his little flaming princess already. Thus he adopted another child that day. After many lonely years in solitude, he gained a son and daughter, bringing them into his thunder; his family of two little Dragneels, by way of becoming the adoptive father of Natsu and Electra Dragneel.

Over the next few years, Igneel taught his children the ways of the world. Alongside Dragon Slayer magic, how to survive, and how to care for and protect each other. He learnt quickly that Electra had unusual potential; she took to leaning magic rather quickly, almost as though it were second nature. He mused that she must have had something else inside of her or had been exposed to something powerful before they found her. She was able to morph the most basic magic spells she was taught and the dragon power soon became a far more intense and potent form of Fire Dragon Slayer magic, that was created with her own magical signature. She was a quick study and swiftly became very powerful, but luckily this power didn't change her much on an inner level, not negatively at least. She didn't become arrogant or cruel, but she became more protective over those she loved. Her temper could cause her a problem at times, but that comes with the territory of Fire Dragon magic, as does a passionate intensity. Nonetheless, she managed to keep her friendly, caring and innocent side of her nature intact; the part of her that Igneel and Natsu admired and loved most.

Unfortunately, all the love, care and teachings couldn't prepare the young siblings for the loss of their father. At the ages of around twelve and ten years old, Natsu and Electra were left all alone again; the King of Fire Dragons, Igneel, disappeared overnight rather suddenly, without a word or any explanation to either of them. The siblings spent a number of days scouring high and low for their father, for any sign of him at all, unsure if he was injured or simply left of his own volition. They eventually decided that there wasn't much more that they could do from there alone and so they made the long trek together to find the famous Guild, the one Igneel had mentioned to them in the past, Fairy Tail. This guild was said to be situated in the kingdom of Fiore, more specifically a town called Magnolia; at the far side of the next town over from their mountainside village closest to their cave, their home.