Chapter 2

70 years later...

"I will try my best mother but you can't honestly expect me to not at least blow up once." Perseus whined.

"They are at the brink of a war they do not recognise fully. Give them hope, son. Present yourself as an ally." Chaos chided, twirling her son's black curls in her fingers.

Perseus' eyes softened but the smirk didn't cease, "I will present myself as their only chance at winning. We'll see how Zeus reacts to that."

"Whatever." Perseus chuckled at the dismissal. He could see the smile his mother was trying to smother. He put his arms around her and buried his head in her hair. For a few moments they stayed like this as Chaos kept her flattened palm pressed tightly against her favourite son's back. Perseus tried desperately to sear this image into his brain for later times, times where he would lose his temper. Tried to sear the image of his anchor into his brain.

He pulled back and pressed a chaste kiss on her forehead before he retreated.

"All the best, my son. I'll always be with you." Chaos said before a swirling vortex appeared around Perseus. He nodded before the vortex converged and Perseus disappeared.

Olympus Throne Room – Summer Solstice

"You do not speak about my children that way, Ares." Aphrodite chided. She was starting to regret ever wanting to date this idiot. "They are my darlings and you do not badmouth them."

"They are dolls who don't know a single letter of bloodshed." Ares sneered as he twirled his rifle in his hand.

Aphrodite's eyes narrowed. Hephaestus eyed the verbal spat between his wife and half brother as he tinkered on his throne occasionally patting a swat of flame that ignited in his beard.

"Enough!" Zeus exclaimed loudly, his voice rang through the throne room, the conversations halted. "You all will stop this nonsense discussion now."

Athena heaved a sigh, her quota for stupid trash that went in from one ear and out from another had been filled to the brim. They had infinitely more important things to discuss. She decided to take the bait that was so generously thrown to her.

"Father, we need to.."

But she never got to finish her sentence. Her breath lightly hitched in her throat as a swirling black vortex appeared in the centre of the throne room and out stepped a scrawny teenage boy. He had mousy brown hair that lay flat on his head and he wore a two sizes large sweatshirt that hung from his skinny form.

"Good morning, Olympians." He greeted cheerfully. He looked around the throne room as if the sight of twelve fifteen feet immortal gods was a common occurrence.

"Why are you all cooped up inside? It's a lovely day outside." He grinned as he stood beside the hearth and peered at the 8 year old form of Hestia. Hestia's brow furrowed but she didn't sense any danger so she didn't interject.

Ares was the first one to snap out of his surprise, his rifle disappearing with a pop, "What do you want punk?"

They boy stared at Ares with a flat expression for a few seconds, "Nothing."

He moved towards the back of the room and stood in front of King of the Gods throne.

"Lord Zeus, I am here to offer you something."

Zeus stared at the boy in slight shock. This boy had just appeared out of a vortex. A vortex for Styx's sake, even he did not know how to do that.

"How dare you disrupt our meeting. I shall blast you for your audacity." Zeus thundered, snapping out of his stupor.