Chapter 3

Perseus reappeared in the streets of Olympus. Nymphs, minor gods and goddesses and satyrs all roamed around going about their work. He attracted quite a few stares to his sudden entrance but they quickly averted their gazes when he looked at them in the eye. The sun shone brightly in his eyes and his hair blew in the heavy afternoon air. A man was calling out to him from a shop selling ambrosia cubes, nectar and other assortments. He promptly ignored the man and started weaving through the streets towards the area where he knew the palaces were located. He raked his fingers through his hair. If he was being honest, it had gone better than he anticipated. At least no one faded, that was good in his book.

He had a rather short temper when dealing with arrogant and prideful gods. A conversation about strategies, no issues. He was the official strategist back home what with his eons of experience and quick battle reflexes. Fighting a war, cake. He could swing a sword for years too. But dealing with boastful gods who consider themselves above everyone else and demand they be respected. He was not ashamed to admit that he lacked brain cells for that.

Perseus could sit with Demeter and eat cereal everyday for the next twenty years than have a decent conversation with Zeus where nobody insults the other.

He had spoken the truth when he had said that there were very few gods he respected. Hades being one of them. It had been wrong of his younger brother to alienate him from Olympus. But then again, every problem's roots started from Zeus. His respect for the silent one was the only reason he had helped him. His children could be a great asset to not only Olympus but himself as well and he knew that Hades was one of the few gods that actually cared for his demigod children.

Perseus was so lost in his thoughts he didn't notice he had just arrived at the location he was seeking. Apollo's palace was the first thing that caught his attention. Down the road, it glowed as bright as a beacon. It was bright gold that after a while started hurting his eyes and to its sharp contrast was Artemis'. It was rather pleasant to look at. Its silver surface hurt his eyes less and he could at least appreciate that. Too late, he realised that he had already missed many of the other palaces when a thought struck him and he groaned loudly.

In his attempt to sort out his work to get here to crash the Olympian council meeting at the right time, he had totally forgotten to arrange a mansion for himself beforehand. He was internally knocking himself upside the head when something in the distance caught his eyes. His pace quickened and in ten quick strides he was standing in front of the structure.

It was exactly as he would have made it. Black with a hint of gold. Two towers sprung up at the end of the field facing the dive down the cliff and the vivid green field itself was spaced openly. There were two sets of chairs and a table peppered around the ground and the mansion was a smaller replica of his own in the void. His eyes were wide for a few seconds before he reigned in his surprise and grinned. He sent a quick thanks to his mother who cheerfully chirped back in his mind.

Perseus sniggered under his breath and made his way inside, grateful to have such a caring mother in his life. This time his eyes didn't widen when he saw the interior, he just chuckled again and happily shut the door behind him. Maybe, Olympus wouldn't be so bad after all.

Many of the gods didn't sleep that night. Perseus' words kept echoing through their mind and Hypnos was not having any mercy on them. Maybe this was his version of revenge for who knows what done to him. It was clear though, they weren't going to win this war against a primordial without a primordial. Last time they had won but this time they were going to be struck by two battering rams simultaneously. They needed to withstand the forces that were going to be delivered to them. They needed to gain his trust but at the back of their brains they couldn't help but wonder exactly who was going to be the first to approach the mighty primordial that could be their chance at victory.