16

He walked among the tons of his faithful servants. They were turning their head to him whenever he was near. The lava springs were a crimson orange and the heat they were providing was barely bearable; but he was used to it now, and his sweat was hidden behind the mask he always had on. He has never been the sensible type. Today was definitely not the day he would be one. His allies have always been there for him and that was the reason he was the King of this land nowadays.

He hadn't seen the children in a while, but he was pretty sure they were alright. He had sent Wilbur to look after them, and he had sent Fundy for the mission. Together, they had gathered the stuff they needed to open the New World. It's been half of a year already, but finally they were ready to move on. They were finally ready to establish their Kingdom. The next step was to get more allies, and he had two meetings he had yet to attend.

The last time they did an alliance, it turned out terrible. They had lost two people and there was no way of going back. He knew he has made a mistake. The guilt was still haunting him to this day; but they couldn't just stay just the three of them. It would be bold of them to assume they could manage to build their own land with only three pairs of hands. They needed more. They needed more allies. More hands to carry this weight.

He walked though the labyrinth of corridors of the bastion, leading to the main room, where his throne was, and where his crown was. Growls of joy and relief to see their ruler back welcomed him. He was born in the shallows of Munchy, and never had the chance to wear any jewelry. This golden crown, given to him by his people, was the most valuable thing to him. It meant they trusted him as a ruler. It meant everyone was counting on him. It meant everyone was expecting him to build a better World.

His faithful friend was here. Waiting patiently near the throne, wearing his large, magic cape. Their eyes met and they respectfully nodded to each other as a greeting.

"Are they coming?" Wilbur asked.

"My men are escorting them," he said.

A Piglin took the crown and gestured the man to sit. Technoblade sat on his throne and crossed his legs. He felt his servant crowning his head with the golden crown he deserved. The lava springs were coming from everywhere, and were illuminating the room and its dark floor. His golden boots were shining from all the lights that the lava was providing, but also from the spell on them. All around him, the Piglins were respectfully looking at him, like when you look at your King, or when you look at your God, your only reason to be, and Technoblade could only feel pride and joy for the clout he had.

"You don't feel hot with that mask?" Wilbur wondered, showing with his chin the pig head Technoblade never takes off.

"I do. But I must represent the pigs Nation."

Wilbur giggled despite him, and coughed discreetly to make a serious face. "Whatever you say."

The brown-haired man stared at the entrance of the room, thinking it over and over. He has been standing there for a while, lost in his thoughts. It was definitely a bad idea, no matter how many times he thought about it. They were going to be fucked up another time. They no longer needed allies. They already had lost two of them, and Wilbur had promised himself they were the last loss they would ever have. Technoblade had always been so confident about everything, and it was his biggest quality and his biggest flaw at the same time. If only that Knight hadn't joined, then their friend wouldn't have died. Under his cape, above his casual clothes, Wilbur was still wearing his old friend's black and green jacket, who was the only memory left they had of him.

"Tell me one more time why you want him to join us," Wilbur declared. His veins had started to glow progressively in green, showing his stressful state. He glanced at Technoblade, waiting for an answer. A little bit of fog was progressively appearing on his glasses, which was as annoying as ever.