Comfort ♪ Kyusaku Yumeno

tw: mentions of abuse, blood

   You felt bad for the poor child. They were handcuffed, chained and locked in the Port Mafia's basement. They never had the intention to harm anyone yet was punished for it. Just like life itself.

   You'd never would've believed that it was your own brother who suggested in locking the child up in the basement. Not only shocked but you were heartbroken by the one who you looked up for; Osamu.

   Although you weren't an official member of the mafia, you had a bit of Osamu's intelligence and he mostly brings you around into the mafia's headquarters. Most of the time without anyone around, you'd sneak into the basement with some toys and your childhood snacks for Kyusaku.

   At first Kyusaku would tremble in fear but after they learned that you weren't a threat, they gradually opened up and started to trust you. Kyusaku was such an adorable child and you hated the fact that he was locked up in a dirty and dusty basement.

   "Ne, onee-san, why aren't you afraid of me? Instead of running away like those guys, why did you come closer to me and even bring me toys to play with?"

   "Because you're a human being as well and the fact that you're still a child yet locked up in such a lonely and dirty place pains me. I love my brother wholeheartedly but after learning the fact that he was the one who suggested in locking you up down here makes me despise him. Plus being down here must've been lonely".

   Kyusaku looked at you with their star shaped pupil and heart filled with fuzziness. The child only stared at your innocent face as words choked at their throat. Tears came falling down their pink tinted cheeks and eyes becoming glossy.

  "Then you think I'm worthy of living?"

   You were surprised by their question but still put on a comforting smile as you walked towards the crying child. "Of course you do. Those who think you're not worthy of living are scum and deserve to be walking in the pits of hell," you answered with a rather dark statement but smile comfortly. "I also think that you should experience a hug," you kneeled down to Kyusaku height.

   "I keep hearing the word hug but what does it mean nee-san?"

   "It's a type of way to comfort someone physically or emotionally, depends on situation".

   "If it isn't much, could you show me how to hug?"

   You let out a small chuckle as you brought Kyusaku's small form towards you before wrapping both of your arms around them. The child's head rested in the crook of your neck as they inhaled your scent in a comforting manner.

   Kyusaku felt an emotion they've never experienced of. The child's chest felt light, warm, fluffy and their negative thoughts melted away. He felt so happy and comforted, at least for now. Almost on instinct, Kyusaku wrapped his own arms around you and enjoyed this feeling of comfort. They liked this feeling.

   You smiled at the way Kyusaku reacted and let the hug last a bit longer. But all things must end eventually when the clock hit midnight. You let go and stood up.

   "I'm sorry, Q but I have to get back now. If I can, I'll come and hug you as much as you want tomorrow!" you stated as you hid the toys in an empty narrow space behind a few wooden crates.

   The child immediately nodded and went back to their original chained state. You ruffled Q's brown and white hair and left a kiss on their forehead before leaving the basement to get back to your brother's shared room.

   To be honest, you felt more enjoyable with Q than your bandage wrapped sibling. You dreaded to go back to your shared room but you wouldn't want him to find out what you've been hiding from him.