Chapter 16 ❄️ Alex

"This looks amazing," Alex commented the next morning, holding up the copy in front of the window. "They did this all in one night?"

Sophia shrugged, sitting at the desk in the study.

"They seemed to hit it off," Sophia replied. "Haley said Tristan was really animated about his ideas. The only she had to do was finish the mockups this morning."

Alex evaluated at the images again, this time with a closer eye. Sophia had asked for a second opinion before she sent them back to her agency for Haley to finalize. Haley had recruited a few of their coworkers to help with the campaigning.

"Do you think we could add something in the background?" he asked. "Something to give the feeling of togetherness, maybe a few that are not explicitly family-based? There might be clients that don't have a family now but might want to bring them here someday. We also don't want to alienate people that may want to vacation with their friends. I mean, everyone should be welcome here, right?"

Sophia nodded.

"We want the chalet and the guests to feel like an extended family," Sophia noted, leaning over the table by the window. "Add some togetherness, got it."

He took sips of his coffee, leaning against the window and listening as Sophia recounted the events from the previous day.

"Did you talk to Georgia?" she asked, expectantly.

During their coffee meeting, they found that the cafe was owned by Georgia's aunt. They had asked the cafe to cater a holiday gathering on Christmas Eve. It was the perfect opportunity invite the locals while allowing the new guests an opportunity to be acquainted with the chalet at the reopening.

"She wasn't at the cafe this morning," he said. "I'm sorry, I'll go back this afternoon."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault," Sophia said, touching her forehead as she sat down. "I'll need to start looking into other options. I don't even know if we could put in an order this big this late."

"I'm sure something will work out," Alex reassured her.

She watched Alex's movements as he leaned back against the desk beside where she sat, instead of the window.

"Are you sure you don't want to go with me today?" Alex asked again. "I mean, it'll be great for Georgia to see both sides, the old and the new."

"I kind of feel bad," Sophia said. "We're only pushing her, without offering any help. She's already pressed for time and it's such a large order."

"Peter has actually offered to help with the baking," Alex said. "With his experience, I think Georgia would have a hard time saying no."

"Really?" Sophia's eyes lit up. "I miss Peter."

Alex chuckled.

"He misses you too," he titled his head holding his coffee cup out from his lips. "He talks about you all the time."

This time Sophia giggled.

"Do you think, I mean," Sophia thought. "Never mind."

"What is it?" Alex said, setting his cup on the table and turning towards her.

"It's, " but she stopped speaking when she looked into his eyes. "I couldn't."

"Of course you could. Tell me." he said, urging her to continue.

"Do you think I could stop by later? I haven't seen Peter since we've been so involved in saving the chalet." Sophia said. "You know what, I'm sorry I asked. This must be so uncomfortable for you."