★ 15: February 14

ships : luke x daisy
genre : fluff, slight angst

• ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ •

It's February 14, Valentine's Day. People would show affection to their loved ones, children would muster up the courage to talk to their crushes, and couples would go on the most romantic dates on this day. A popular idea for a date was going to a special Valentine's Day concert held every year. Crowds would flock to the Clozy Concert Hall to watch The Music Freaks perform sweet love songs.

The couples in the audience would have a happy Valentine's Day, but what about the band? Surely they have their own lives, yet they sacrifice them for the joy of the crowd. It's a little sad, but maybe it just meant they loved their fans.

Daisy was rubbing Luke's back to help him calm down. He loved performing on stage with his friends, and he loved hearing the crowd cheer for them, but sometimes he wished they didn't have to do this on Valentine's Day. Can't they just perform the day after? Well, at least having shows on holidays gets them a lot of money.

"You'll do great at today's show," Daisy reassured.

Luke smiled. "Thanks. You sure you'll be fine on your own?" he asked her.

"Of course! And I won't really be alone. I'm seeing your concert, after all," she replied, sitting next to him and putting her head on his shoulder.

"Yeah, I know, but we won't be able to have our own Valentine's Day," Luke said, frowning. He placed his hand on hers.

Daisy grabbed his hand and gave it a small squeeze.

She sighed and said, "You're like this every year. It's fine, really! I enjoy seeing you up on stage with your friends! And in a way, we're still together."

Luke still kept his sad expression. She was right: he was like this every year. But February 14 was supposed to be special. He wanted to spend the whole day with Daisy and let her know how much he loves her. Instead, he had to play songs for a crowd of strangers. Yes, Daisy would be in that crowd, but she was far away, and Luke wanted to stay as close as possible to her.

The white-haired girl stood up and faced her boyfriend. "Well, the show's in around two hours. The Clozy Concert Hall is a little far, so you should get going now if you want enough time to prepare with the club." Luke let out a little chuckle at her use of the word club. Daisy was fond of their high school years when The Music Freaks was just a small club. "I'll go get ready. I'll be there soon," she added, smiling.

Before she could turn to her room, Luke stopped her and gave her a hug. She was caught off guard, but she quickly wrapped her arms around the boy.

He buried his head into her shoulder. "I love you," he mumbled.

Daisy giggled. "I love you too, and if you ever want to talk, I'm here."

He wanted to talk with her, but it didn't matter if they wouldn't say anything, because all he wanted was to be with her, especially on this day of love.

Luke hummed in acknowledgment and waited a few seconds before letting go. Daisy left to go to her bedroom but stopped at the door. Turning to face him, she said with a regretful smile, "Happy Valentine's Day, Luke."

He felt a pang of sadness when he saw the look on her face. He just stood and stared at her as she disappeared behind the door.

Time to head to the concert hall.

#

Luke never really bothered to put too much effort into performing on Valentine's Day. Daisy's absence seems to have that effect on him. Despite that, concerts that The Music Freaks held on this day ended up being some of the best. The crowd better be impressed.

As soon as they finished performing, he looked for his girlfriend.

"Oh! There you are!" he exclaimed when he found her. He pulled the girl into an embrace, gazing longingly at her pale blue eyes. "I missed you."

"I was in the audience, and the show was only a few hours long," Daisy replied, giggling. Strangely, she wasn't hugging back. She instead kept both her arms behind her.

Luke let go and looked over at the rest of his band, silently asking a question. Hailey understood what he was trying to ask. "Go. You deserve it," she answered, waving her hand. "See you."

"Thanks, Hailey." He turned back and was surprised to see Daisy holding a bright red rose. "Happy Valentine's Day!" she greeted with a lot more energy and joy than the last time.

Luke grinned. "Thank you," he said as she handed the rose to him. "Happy Valentine's Day."

• ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ •

author's note :
The title doesn't fit the chapter number I-

I know, in my announcements I said I'd work on the oneshots after I finished planning out the Druke fic. I haven't finished it yet, but I just wanted to write this xd. Also, this oneshot's mostly based on a song. If you recognize it I now have a ton of respect for you. (Edit: I added the song to the chapter now lol)

Laisy is my current ship obsession-