★ 19: Sunrise

ships : juke

genre : fluff

• ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ •

Jake opened his eyes, leaving another dream he couldn't remember, and entering the real world, expecting to find his lover sleeping next to him there. To his surprise, he was lying alone on the thin white bedsheets. He looked around the cold dim room, left and right, and finally found the brunet peacefully sitting on the windowsill. The sun was slowly rising, and his body was blocking out some of its light, making him look like a glowing shadow to Jake. As contradictory as that sounded, that was the best way he could describe him.

The peach-haired boy sighed in relief, the worry that his partner was gone fading away. He got up from the bed, pulling off the blanket that was tangled in his limbs, and ambled over to Luke. He sat behind him and wrapped his arms around his waist. He felt a lot warmer now.

Luke clearly didn't expect this, as he flinched a little at the contact. He then relaxed and leaned back into Jake when he realized it was him.

"Oh, it's just you. You usually wake up around two hours later than this. Is something wrong?" he asked tiredly.

Jake snuggled closer to him. "I woke up and you weren't there. I wanna be with you," he mumbled into the taller boy's shoulder with a bit of a whine.

Luke grabbed his hand and held onto it, lightly stroking it with his thumb. "Aw, sorry about that. The view just looks really pretty this morning."

Jake decided to see whether the view really was worth his boyfriend's time and attention and, well, it was. The cool lavender of the sky contrasted, yet blended well with warm streaks of pink, orange, and yellow. It glowed against the dark city they lived in and bathed it in a warm hue. The only sounds that could be heard were those of cars driving by below them.

"Whoa," he said, voice barely above a whisper, in awe of the scenery. It was like he was watching the opening of a movie through the window.

"Like it?" Luke asked with a chuckle that was music to his ears. "I told you it was pretty. Y'know, it kinda reminds me of you."

"Huh? What?"

"The yellow and pink are like your hair."

"Oh." Jake laughed. "Well, I think it looks like you. The pink is kind of red, like that jacket of yours, and your eyes are light yellow..." That's when it hit him. He let out a small gasp. "The sky has our colors!" he excitedly said.

"Hm, you're right," Luke agreed, a lot more calmly than his boyfriend.

"Well then, the 6 a.m. sky is ours now!" the sunrise-haired boy exclaimed with a proud roar of laughter, bringing his autumn-colored partner closer to him. He giggled once again.

"You're a dork."

"And I'm your dork." Jake planted a small kiss close to the small grin on his face.

"Ah, of course."

Soft laughter was soon replaced with peaceful silence as the two boys continued to stare at the scenery in front of them. The sky was slowly but visibly growing lighter as the sun rose. Despite it being around half past six on a Saturday morning, people were already seen going out for jogs, walks, and other activities. The couple, however, preferred to stay inside and watch them go about their lives instead.

The brown-eyed boy's childlike enthusiasm soon disappeared and was replaced with quiet calm, like that of the person he sat close to.

"Hmm... what'll we have for breakfast?" The question slipped from Jake's mouth.

"Oh, uh, well, I was thinking of making pancakes and coffee." Luke paused, then continued, a little embarrassedly, "I actually wanted to make them before you woke up, but I guess that won't happen."

"Gah, you're such a romantic," Jake teased, leaving light kisses that tickled his partner's face and neck. He heard his soft giggles and they made him smile. "We can make them together. I think that'll be more fun."

"Alright then."

"But let's stay here for a little longer," he quickly added.

"I was hoping you'd say that. We should do this more often, it's nice."

"Yeah."

Now, the sun was already up and the city was awake and bustling, but the two boys remained in their apartment where time seemed to slow down, watching life go on. It isn't as sad as it may sound. Everyone needs a break from the world sometimes.

• ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ •

author's note :
Hello, hello, here's some more Juke no one asked for, you're welcome :)) also a reminder to take a break if you need one!! Things aren't the best right now, so if you need a break, that's alright <33