Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

Daniel nearly choked on his saliva. "Wh-What?" he stammered, barely holding on to reality.

Xavier nodded, a smile Daniel wanted to roll his eyes at appeared on his tantalizing lips.

"It was the first time I met you." He stepped forward again, the difference from last time is, Daniel stayed still.

Xavier planted his left hand on the side of Daniel's neck as he gently caresses it with his thumb.

"I didn't exactly know why I was drawn to you at that exact moment, but I know something happened."

Daniel gulped, stalling nothing but words.

"Hmm," was all he managed to do, indicating that he wasn't dead just yet.

"You were so lively." Xavier looked deep into his eyes, admiring the soft but dark irises. "You kept trying to feed the class pet eraser bits. I didn't look at you then because I thought that was cruel. But I noticed you when the teacher started dragging you out of class. That cute face you made flung me over the moon." He laughed loudly, throwing his gorgeous head back. "And that was only the first day of school!"

Daniel laughed, too. "I know. I also sat on a pencil and it stuck up my ass. The doctors said I was going to be fine, though." He waved it off as of it was nothing.

Xavier just laughed even harder. "That's what I see in you! Life!" He rested his forehead against his. Staring straight into his eyes, his gaze shifted to his lips, then to the ground. "You're so full of life," he whispered.

Daniel once again just listened, stayed mute, and let his hands rest at his sides.

"And that's what makes you my Daniel."

𖨆

"Don't grip too hard!" Connor pulled his head away from Emma's tight grip on his hair. "Ow! Will you stop!"

Emma wrapped her legs tighter around his torso. "You told me to French braid your hair," she said.

"I know! How will that ever happen if I'm bald?"

Emma shook her head. "You want French braids, deal with the pain, ass-twat."

Connor crossed his arms over his chest as he silently sniffled. He refused to blink his tears away, not letting her see the pain he believed she so badly wanted to feed on.

Brian, Daniel, and Gabriel played Call Of Duty Mobile as they conversed.

Daniel's thoughts brought him back to last night, and he suddenly found himself talking out loud without even thinking about it.

"Xavier kissed me."

They stopped their movements. A single pin could be heard hitting the floor miles away. The silence was ridiculous, crickets nearly entered the scene.

Daniel spoke again as he half-consciously shot people in the online game. "And it was good."

They all spoke at the same time.

"What the fuck!"

"Congratulations, lonely fuck!"

"How big!?"

"I'm gonna die alone."

Daniel stopped them all, raising his head from the game. "Hey! Calm down, you wild beasts."

They settled down, responding to his command.

Then, Brian was the first to speak. "What happened after that?"