five | overwhelmed

"Sadé! Sadé!" A heavy knock sounded on her bedroom door.

Sadé furrows her eyebrows as she moves underneath her covers. Her eyelids decide between fluttering open and close as she is still so sleepy. She jolts once another knock hits her door and she finally awakes fully.

"Come in," Sadé softly says.

Harry pushes the door open, and walks in, nearly running into the door itself as he has his hand over his right eye.

"Sadé, there's something in my eye and it hurts," Harry says.

"Here, sit down and let me see." Sadé initiates for Harry to sit on her bed. He successfully does so and she turns on the lamp by her bed side in order to examine his delicate eye.

Sadé gently takes Harry's face into her hands and he removes his own hand from his eye. It's still closed but he slowly opens it, revealing it to be red and watering.

"It's an eyelash sweetie," Sadé murmurs once she comes across the single curled hair. "Be still."

Harry gives a very soft "Okay," his voice cracking in the process as his grogginess set in. He stared straight into Sadé and her aura. Not moving one bit as he took in the soft air of her breath blowing into his eye to release the eyelash. He blinks only for a second before staring at her again. She gives him that angelic smile of hers that melts his heart and he feels warmth overcoming his body. He licks his lips, let's out a soft breath and then abruptly catches himself before he allows himself to lean into her. As quickly as he stopped his actions, the quicker reality hit him. He can't kiss his best friend—not on the lips that is.

With a slight chuckle to himself, he continues with his movements and leans in to Sadé and gives her a kiss on the forehead.

"Thank you. Goodnight darling." Harry states.

"No problem." Sadé smiles and lays back down.

Harry stands and turns her side lamp off. Sadé can feel his presence vanish from the room. Although he had softly shut her door, without allowing her to hear it, the strength of his spirit had been strong enough for her to feel it. The connection they shared often left them the desire to stay together, as to where being apart for a certain amount of time only allowed their need to be together to grow stronger.

Sadé never liked the lingering emotions she often found herself swimming in. The situation never mattered, she could not be left alone with her thoughts. To be such a forward thinker, only to have the thought of her best friend stir her off-track felt so overwhelming. Tonight is one of the nights she found herself restless. Even before Harry came into her room, she wasn't sleeping well and now to have exchanged a short yet meaningful moment with Harry, she definitely would not sleep a wink.

To be his only hope of help in the middle of the night felt like slight torture. She knew her heart was being tested when she had to look into those green eyes. The only thing keeping her from not getting up to roam around in her restlessness was in fact Harry. He's a light sleeper on most occasions and any noise she'd make might cause him to get up too. To deal with her feelings so up front is one thing Sadé has barely had to do through the entirety of her life.

Who knew something so precious as a heart could feel so overwhelming.

Steady fighting to sleep, Sadé decides to get out of bed. She takes her phone off of the charger and slowly trudges down the hall and into the living room to sit on the couch.

The way her mind is racing is very hard to deal with. Getting sleep has always been so important to her, but tonight she couldn't force it much less than even attempt to get some rest.