VIII- Visual

Chapter eight- Visual

"A visual?"

Prince Yeon raised a brow at Bo-rim, giving him a confused expression. They were currently inside the library's hidden chamber, where the book keeper usually held meetings.

"What do you need a visual for?" Eun-jung asked, not looking up from the book she was flipping through.

Ji-woon sat lazily on the windowsill, listening to the conversation. Chul, on the other hand, stayed seated in a corner while cleaning his sword.

Bo-rim looked at Eun-jung intently before answering her question.

"Well, ever since I hired Lord Yeon to work for me, he has never had any problems with painting landscapes as book covers. However, he seems to be having a hard time striking an inspiration for a female portrait," Bo-rim explained, tapping his fingers against the wooden table.

"So, I would like you to offer your assistance as a visual for Ae-ri's supposed portrait in the novel. I think that would be a remarkable art cover for Fragrance's fourth book!" The older man finished, smiling to himself.

The young woman looked up at him with a horrified expression, while the young prince looked like he was taken by surprise.

This caught Ji-woon's attention as well, making her brow raise up as a smile pulled on the corners of her lips.

"N-no, I cannot do it, that would be a big misstep." Eun-jung said with wide eyes, shaking her head and waving her arms in front of her torso in refusal.

Prince Yeon tilted his head sideways, seeing the young woman refuse so profusely was a bit confusing to him. Although he was shocked himself, he was not completely against the idea. It didn't seem like that much of a big deal, considering that she was a courtesan. However, he didn't want to force the young lady to do it if she didn't feel comfortable.

"Eun-jung," Bo-rim started.

"I would like to have a word with you in private, Master Bo-rim." Eun-jung said in a serious tone, before proceeding to walk towards the shop keeper and pull him away by the arm.

Prince Yeon raised a brow in amusement, his eyes following their movement as they made their way out the door.

That girl is indeed quite intriguing. He thought.

•••

"Master Bo-rim, have you lost your mind??" Eun-jung immediately asked in an exasperated manner as soon as they were out of the others' sight.

Bo-rim looked at the young girl who was fuming in front of him.

"You know very well how dangerous it will be." The young girl started with frustration in her tone. "Fragrance is already under suspicion for being written with masked criticism for the royal family. People all over the capital know about it, and if you put my face on the cover, everyone will suspect that I am affiliated with it. Everyone will be in trouble. The movement will be in trouble." She said cautiously, with worry in her voice.

Bo-rim breathed out a heavy sigh. Fragrance was an integral part of their plan. A few years back, when he just started to actively involve himself in the rebellion, they were at a loss for ideas that could help them gain the support of the masses. Not until Bo-rim came across a certain defiant girl of fifteen, writing the structures of what was to be the best selling book series in the capital. It gave him an idea, and she wholeheartedly agreed to it. She had been working for them ever since, as a writer and their main source of information.