XI- The Girl who Glittered

Chapter eleven- The Girl who Glittered

"A betrothal ceremony?"

Bo-rim narrowed his eyes at Prince Yeon, not buying what he just told him.

The night before, Prince Yeon claimed to have devised a believable story that would trick Master Bo-rim into letting them take the week off. He remembered grinning to himself, thinking that the story was genius and fool proof.

"Yes! As I've told you, Chul's sister is coming of age in two days, and like what has been arranged for the longest time, she is going to be engaged to my younger brother!" Prince Yeon repeated in an excited tone, trying to sound more believable. Chul stood beside him, staring out the window while clutching his sword.

Master Bo-rim kept his eyes narrowed at the young men, while walking in circles around them.

"I thought you don't like associating yourself with your family, Lord Yeon?" Bo-rim asked with suspicion.

Prince Yeon's mouth gaped open slightly at his remark. He didn't expect Bo-rim to use that against him, especially in the middle of his own act.

He was taken aback, because no matter what the situation was, whether he was making up a story or talking about his real life, that was the truth.

"I don't, but this is my brother we're talking about. He's the only one I actually consider my family. I have to be there for him." Prince Yeon said meaningfully.

He wasn't lying, or pretending when he said those words. Prince Gon was the only real family he considered, and he treasured him with all that he had.

Even though he wasn't actually getting married.

Master Bo-rim noticed that he might've gone overboard with his suspicions, however. Whether the young man was lying or not, those weren't the words of someone who was hiding his family background due to ill intention. There was no hint of insincerity in the young man's voice at that moment, that much he could tell.

"Oh, alright!" Bo-rim gave in. "You'd better come back after a week! If you don't, I'll hunt you down and sue you for neglecting your job!" The older man huffed.

Prince Yeon gave him a toothy grin and bowed a bit at him, with Chul following his gesture.

"Thank you, Master Bo-rim." Prince Yeon said in all seriousness.

Bo-rim raised his handfan and hit Prince Yeon's arm with it.

"Stop being so serious, it's seems so pretentious for you!" He said, cringing.

Prince Yeon laughed at his statement, realizing how true it was.

"I'll leave you two now, tell your siblings congratulations." Bo-rim said before walking away from the two and walked towards the customer who just came in.

Prince Yeon almost cracked up once again, he felt so fulfilled since the old man bought his story.

"My Lord, are you sure about this? Are we really going to risk going back there?" Chul asked, his gaze leveling with Prince Yeon's.

"Aish! I've already asked for permission to leave and you ask that now?? Of course we are going to go." Prince Yeon replied, kicking Chul's shin softly with the sole of his boot.

"You know not to worry too much. If there is anyone who knows how much the queen has constantly tried to kill me, it's you. I'm quite surprised they haven't made a move yet, to be honest. We don't know, maybe there's a surprise that's waiting for me back at home." The young man said with a challenging smile.