Chapter 1

Rafe's pov

Everyday was the same routine; I eat, shower, sit in the common room, eat again, then sleep. If we wanted to, we could walk through the garden, but lately it's been raining non-stop here. It's not like I left my room other than to eat or shower anyways. I'd get visitors like my dad and sister, but never her. I did meet a girl here around my age, Taylor, she came in a couple months after I did. At that time, I was in a different mindset, I was really hurt and missed my daughter. She helped me not lose my mind and eventually she ended up leaving because her rehab was done.

The days I met with my drug counselor all I could talk about was her. We were done with the drug talk, being 6 months clean and not having the urge to snort lines anymore. Now she was more of a therapist. That night replays in my mind almost every day. She shut me out completely for weeks on end. The worst part about it was she vowed I'd never see either of them again. Sometimes I wished I never stopped to talk to the brunette at the Wreck or bring Lany into a world where she'd have to grow up with broken memories with her dad.

Lany.

I missed my girl.

I've carried around a picture of her every day for 6 months now. It was the one thing I was able to sneak in. I'd never admit this to anyone but one the first nights I was here I broke down. I stayed in my room for days and didn't eat unless I had somewhat of an appetite. Lany was born two weeks earlier and that scared us shitless because we had no clue, she would come this fast. I was working with her dad and JJ was the one to take her to the hospital. My fists clenched against the arm rest; he was just waiting for his perfect mome-

I was interrupted from my thoughts, "Cameron, your dad is here" the security guard tapped my shoulder.

I scoffed as he stood in the lobby talking to a nurse. "Dad of the year"...funny, well I guess that goes to both of us now.

He pulled me into a hug. I gave a weak one back but deep down, I needed it. I've been away for a year now; from the rehab and courts it's been a full year. I haven't had contact with anyone, no Chloe no Topper no Kelce.

Only Ward and Wheezie.

"How are you Rafe?" he looked at me once we sat in his car. "Are they doing okay?" I ignored his question and asked my own. He sighed and nodded his head, "I've had someone keep an eye on them, they're okay" he paused "She's gotten bigger, she looks so much like you now" I nodded my head and cleared my throat to hide the fact I was trying to not cry. Since that night, I don't know how I feel about going back to the outer banks. I know the second I catch a glimpse of Chloe and Lany, all those memories and shit I did will come back.

Not like it ever left, I constantly think about them.

-

Well hi everyone! Thank u for so much love on book one. Here is the start of the Sequel. If it's shitty now, give it some time and it gets better. Soo mf excited to see y'all reactions on what's to come <33