Chapter 2

Rafe's pov

It was a few hour drive from Virginia to Kildare County. I sat quiet the whole car ride. Ward would try to start a conversation but I'd give him a short reply or none at all. I was just awaiting the moment when I'd see both of them. When I'd see Lany again.

I took a nap to escape the torturous voice of Ward Cameron.

Flashback to last year --

We stared up at the rainbow over the ocean, we were just cooped up in the house from a rain storm. "Man look at this view" Chloe spoke as she wiped Lany's sandy hands. I smiled down at them.

"I know, quite a sight" I smiled down at the two of them. I was completely and irrevocably in love with both of them. This is what I needed and all I needed in life.

"We could make dinner or order in" Chloe spoke as we walked back to our home. "Maybe order, I've got to help the guys out with some work" I spoke, grabbing the bag from Chloe and walking towards our front door.

"A,B,C.." The song played in the background as Chloe sat outside the tub and gave Lany her bath.

I shut the door to my truck as I walked through the dirt road. I adjusted the cap on my head and walked towards the guy standing near his dirt bike.

"Country club" he smiled staring up at me, "been too long, how's that girl of yours?" He smirked. My brows furrowed as I ignored his question, "Let's hurry this up so I can get home" I spoke, earning a chuckled from Barry.

"Oh don't tell me, country club..Chloe doesn't know you're here?" He smirked, fuck. "No and she stays out of this, both of them do, Barry. Do you fucking understand me" I snapped, getting pissed at his little games. "I'd watch your tone, Rafe. I can make your life hell considering what I know happened that day at the track" and my heart skipped a beat.

He had that on me, my mouth shut as quick as it was opened a second ago.

"Let's get on with it" I mumbled out.

He handed me a bag of white, "Sell it good country club and no low balls from your rich friends" He said as he picked up his helmet.

"It's like old times, huh? Well..minus you shooting the sher-"

"Enough!" I snapped out at him, he only laughed at my reaction.

I sold the shitty supply and hid the money in the mailbox outside Barry's window. It was a quick sell really, desperate kooks who needed a high. Stash was gone within 2 hours.

I made sure that Chloe would never find out about this, I was going behind her back in order to protect myself. I am a shitty person, I don't deserve her but I love her so fucking much. It's been getting harder and harder, Barry has been a complete dick and working my nerves with all the dumb shit I have been helping him with. It's testing my patience really but I have to deal with it for the sake of me not losing Chloe and Lany forever.

+

HEY HEY,

New chapter is up! This is only the beginning of a bunch of shit that's going to happen. Lmk what you think and any ideas you might have! Would love to see what y'all think will happen.

Xx