Chapter One: Finally Normal

Academy of Espionage; Ben's Dorm

Washington, DC

June 28th

1200 hours

Ben's POV

I collapsed onto my bed in my dorm room. No, it wasn't very comfortable, but having done everything I've done in the past few months, it certainly felt like the most comfortable bed in the world.

First of all, I got locked in a room with a ticking bomb, death threats from the most evil organization in the world, then going undercover as a double agent in a secret and evil "spy school", preventing billionaires from blowing up mines with nuclear bombs, keeping the President from being assassinated, infiltrating SPYDER's headquarters, and finally taking them down once and for all. So, you can say I've had a busy few months.

I sighed contentedly. All I wanted to do was sleep. However, that got interrupted by a sharp rapping at my dorm room door. I groaned. What did I have to do to get some rest round here?

I stood up and walked to the door. Opening it, I was greeted by my close friend, Zoe Zibbell, a fellow third-year and great spy, unlike me.

"Hey, Ben!" she exclaimed excitedly. I smiled. Zoe's excitement was contagious. "Hey, Zoe. What's up?" I was slightly confused as to why we almost died like 100 times in the past few days, yet she seemed like she just returned from Disney World.

"Did you hear the news? The Idiot said they are upgrading our dorm rooms!" Oh, so that's why. No offense, but our dorm rooms were the size of a closet, smelled like dirt, and hadn't been upgraded in 200 years. I think. Might have been 300. "I'm thrilled! Finally, some space to put all my trinkets," she continued.

"Oh, that's cool!" I said. I was happy we were getting some new dorms, but I was honestly so tired I thought I might fall to the floor and faint.

"Sorry Zoe, but would you mind if I went to sleep? I'm super tired." Her green eyes went wide and she exclaimed, "Oh, I'm sorry! I'd be tired too, but I had 3 cups of sweet tea on the trip back.. Anyways, bye, sorry again!" She waved bye and shut the door with a click.

Finally, I could sleep. I walked over to my bed and laid down. Shutting my eyes, I drifted off to a dreamless sleep...

Sorry for the short chapter! I've been waiting for SSR to come out, and it's taking so long! I decided I'd do it myself. By the way, this is my first fanfic, so I'd appreciate any constructive criticism! And no swearing in the comments, please. <3