Introduction

In no way is this book based on fact, it's based on my experiences and is not supported or approved by Wattpad. 

Dear Wattpad Users,

As a reader and writer on Wattpad, I feel it might be necessary to come up with a little guide. It will include everything from why readers should vote to the best way to communicate with your favorite writers. You may have stumbled across some writers that seem very appreciative to receive advice while others seem be offended at times. I will cover what I see as proper etiquette and what writers would like to see in their stories.

Nothing I am posting is based on statistics and I've never done a poll, it's just from my experience as a writer on this platform and from talking with other writers. I'll explain everything from my frustrations to what brings me the most joy and keeps me motivated. I really do hope the information provided will be helpful.

Once upon a time, there were forums for writers to share experiences and ask questions. Now that those are gone, I will try to include what other writers ask me about most and try to interact within this book to answer questions the best I can give them. There will be a separate section for readers and writers and the more I learn the more I will add to this book. I will separate everything by chapters to make it easier to read.

I would suggest new writers please read the sections created for readers as it may answer some questions you already have and would like to ask. If there is a topic anyone would like added please just send me a direct message here on Wattpad. First, I'll tell you a little more about myself.

Hi! I'm Grace Madden, and I'm a storyteller.

In my opinion, there are two types of authors. Writers and storytellers. Writers are polished, flawless, technical and professional. A storyteller has flaws, ignores the rules and perfection isn't the main priority. The most important thing to a storyteller is to share their emotions while exposing their flaws. We are amateurs that are growing and trying to learn how to become a writer and have a hell of a story to share.

I want your raw emotions, then I want you to laugh and share joyful moments with my characters. You may cry while you grieve with and laugh as you share joyful moments. All of my stories have mature themes, although I do not like the terms smut or erotica in referencing my work. These are love scenes, a form of art and they are meant for mature readers. I want you to feel the love they share as they discover their most intense feelings.

About me:
I was a teen in the '90s, I'm a wife and a mother of two. I have a teen daughter and a preteen son. I have experienced the joys of adoption and the thrills of giving life. I write from my rural home nestled in the middle of 43 acres of beautiful scenery. Most of the time I am writing from my screened in porch and the only noises I hear come from nature.

I am the wife of a retired race car driver, a former social worker and at one time when I was younger I was a flight attendant. Currently, I am a caregiver for a person with MS and spend my nights taking care of her, so my work is sporadic depending on the amount of rest I am able to get between shifts.

I started writing on Wattpad in 2017 and in terms of experience I am still what I would consider new to the Wattpad world, but I've learned some things along the way.

Thank you for visiting my profile and I hope you find something here to enjoy.

Copyright © 2020 by Grace Madden All Rights Reserved.

I do not do critiques, read for reads or votes for votes. Please don't ask me to read your book, I simply have no time. As far as other authors go, DO NOT ADVERTISE YOUR WORK IN MY PROFILE! Readers look in that area for updates and it negatively affects their experience in finding information. Please do not use my hard work for your own benefit.
#wattpadafterdark

Follow me on Twitter! Check out Grace Madden (@GraceMa59665916): https://twitter.com/GraceMa59665916?s=09

Follow me at Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/gracemadden1234/