♡ prologue

Aerin

I smiled as I read Jaehyuk's message. I tried my best to not laugh at his joke.

I can't make any noise or else Asahi will think that I am still awake.

My eyes widened when I felt him shifting in the bed and putting an arm around my waist. I quickly turned the screen of my phone off.

"Aren't you going to face me?" He asked in a groggy voice.

I pressed my lips together, acting as if I'm asleep.

"I know you're awake, baby," he chuckled. "Are you having trouble sleeping?"

When I first met Asahi, he's really quiet and introverted. Now that we spent almost a year together, he became really talkative and expressive.

Thinking about it makes me a little guilty.

I think I'm tired of him already. And flirtint with Jaehyuk while I'm still in a relationship with him makes me really guilty.

"Y-yeah..." I answered softly.

"Face me, please," he pleaded in a cute voice.

I sighed and changed my position in the bed, now facing him.

The moonlight coming from the window shone on his face as he smiled at me. "Did you like the flowers I bought you earlier?"

I nodded.

His smile widened. "How about the chocolates? Were they delicious?"

I nodded again.

He kissed my forehead and then pulled away to say, "let's go on a date tomorrow."

Oh no, but tomorrow I will be meeting with Jaehyuk. We're going to the movies tomorrow.

"I-I'm quite occupied tomorrow." I said, not looking him in the eyes.

He was quiet for a few seconds. "Oh... is that so?"

I nodded.

I looked back at his eyes and saw him staring at mine with an unreadable expression.

"I love you," he said, his gaze still boring into my eyes.

I looked away in guilt.

Because I know I couldn't say those words.

Before I could even speak he pulled his arm back and sat up. He looked away from me and smiled bitterly.

"Its okay if you can't say those words back... I know there's someone else in your heart anyway."

I sat up too. "H-how did you know?"

"I'm not blind, Aerin. I'm not stupid," he then looked at me with sad eyes. "But I made myself stupid for you. Because I thought that you would realize how much I love you."

My lips parted and I looked away in guilt.

"Then let's just break up, Asahi," I said.

He was quiet.

"I can't do this with you anymore." I said plainly as I looked into his eyes.

Slowly, those warm eyes became cold as they stared into mine.

He was back to how he was before.

"Goodbye, Aerin." Was all he said before taking his things and walking out of my bedroom.