Chapter 7 | Going Home

Playlist: Forever - Lewis Capaldi

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ༶• ┈┈ ⛧ ┈ ♛ ♛ ┈ ⛧ ┈┈ •༶ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Suna Rintarou never once thought that someone could change his vision of life. Ever since he blurted his first word, there was a burden that was being thrown towards him. It was as if he was given a perfect path, one that actually craved by a lot of people.

But there was no freedom in it. As if he was being put forcefully on the road with an electric fence that extended high into the sky, leaving him with no choice except to go along with what had been given. And every day, he just had to accept it

It was thanks to volleyball that made him survive the first few years he lived in this world. He still remembered how he walked past the school gymnasium in the first week of Junior High. The squeaking of the shoes sounded so annoying, followed by the rowdy noise of volleyballs being slammed to the hardwood floor.

He grimaced at first and scurried up to just get away from there. Yet the volleyball decided to greet him. Not forcefully that could harm him, it slid with a gentle pace towards him instead. The colour was too bright for his liking when he first saw it; bright yellow and cobalt blue (or is that azure? He didn't know at that time).

As much as he wanted to just turn around and walked to the gate, something tugged inside his heart. As if he was fated to be there, like he would regret it for the rest of his life if he didn't walk to the gymnasium. And in the next second, he stood at the doorway with the volleyball in hand.

Up until now, he still had goosebumps once in a while. The day when the universe lowered the electric fence from his path, when an unknown energy was absorbed into his whole body. Volleyball was the only thing that his parents approved of, it was the only thing that kept him sane for the next few years.

And it was the same thing that brought you to him.

A little smile appeared on his face as he daydreamed, didn't give a damn about how everyone's eyes fell upon his figure. All the murmur that he heard since he woke up after three days in a coma, all the pity he had received from his family and friends. Him, Suna Rintarou. The flawed son.

Flawed, of course. He knew since the day he was born that he was flawed. Every time his father looked at him, there was only one thing that he could see— disappointment. Because he was the exact contrast of what his old man wanted.

And he swore, he swore when one day he had a child with you, he wouldn't look at them like how his father looked at him. As if they were a mistake. He was sure that his future would be so different compared to his horrid life that he had been through.

After all, the mother of his child would be a perfect woman, someone that saw everyone more than just their flaws. He would marry you.

You glanced towards him once in a while, making sure that he was alright and mouthed at him to be patient. Then your eyes focused back to the doctor who currently told you all the medicine that he had to drink.

He shuddered as he could taste the bitter pill on his tongue already, how his life from now on would be filled with medicine and stretching routine. Even though he couldn't play volleyball, it didn't matter now since you would be there for him.

At least that was what he hoped.

Sweat started to glisten on his forehead even with how cold the temperature in the lobby was. He looked down, eyes darted to his palms that had been used to make contact with volleyball.

His skin was calloused, you always loved to press your hand on his, saying that it was the remembrance of how much time he had spent for something that kept him going. You never once complained about how his finger traced your face, you never complained about how rough it felt on your skin.