Chapter 8 | Tucked Away

Playlist: Two Is Better Than One - Boys like Girls, Taylor Swift

A/n: Try to look up 'Four Season Resort Sayan, Ubud, Bali' That is exactly the place that I envisioned here. The room? Sayan Villa or Riverfront Villa.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ༶• ┈┈ ⛧ ┈ ♛ ♛ ┈ ⛧ ┈┈ •༶ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

You pouted a little as he stared into space once again. Even with your hand interlaced with his, it was like he couldn't escape from his own mind about the information that he got two days ago.

About how he was the reason behind your memory loss.

No one blamed him, you even assured him that it was not his fault at all. It was just you being a total klutz. Yet no matter how many times you managed to make him understand that it was just an accident—the guilt always came back to assault his mind, sometimes in the most abrupt time.

"Rintarou..." You whispered softly, resting your head on his shoulder as he still lost in his own head, "Baby, please." You plead and squeeze his hand a little, wanting to receive some response, "Please look at me."

His eyes fluttered close as he tried not to think much about it. Taking a deep breath, he let it out little by little before finally turned his head towards you. He scanned your expression, finding the worry and affliction inside your eyes.

He needed to stop this, he needed to stop acting like he was the only one who got hurt.

"I am sorry." His fingers grazed your locks as he gazed at you with an apologetic look, "Are you totally fine now?"

You chuckled a little and leaned to his touch, grasping his wrist softly before you took it off from your hair. He raised one of his eyebrows out of confusion, blinking when you suddenly kissed the supple side of his hand.

"I am totally fine, Rintarou." You pampered his hand with kisses, lashes fluttering as you looked at him with a tenderness that filled his soul, "There is nothing that you should be worried about, okay?"

He smiled a little and nodded, now calmed down after his mind kept bringing him down to the dark corner of his brain. He decided to focus himself on you, studying every emotion that was shown in your face.

There was no longer anguish or negative expression that could be seen. He contemplated, noting that what you ever said to him was all true—about how your happiness was connected with his own.

When he felt relieved and loved, you were there having the same peaceful facade. And when he was down, your eyes would be filled with worry. The two of you were just two people that somehow work like a mirror.

"I love your smile." So that's why, "It suited you most." I promise that I will be happy in front of you.

"Goodness, what's with the sudden compliment?" You giggled, throwing your arms around his neck, "What do you want, Rin?"

"What?" He fake gasped, "I can't believe that you accuse me of having any ill intention."

"I didn't accuse you of ill intention, mind you." You rolled your eyes playfully, "But for real, do you have something that you wanted to do?"

What was that? He swallowed a huge lump when he realised that you were the one who had an ill intention under all of those innocent looks. His eyes flickered down a little to your body before back to your face.

You raised one of your eyebrows with a mischievous look in your face. He groaned at this and was ready to slam his lips on yours, begging you to just sit on his lap as he devoured you.