About Time!

She throws down the book on her bed frustrated, as she stands up and paces back and forth in front of the bed. Why do men have to be so damn stubborn? You try to help and do they appreciate it? Nooo, instead they push you away and for what? Pride! Urgh, it's so stupid! She stops in front of her balcony doors and stares out at the skyline. It is a cooler day, she can tell as even though the sun shines brightly and the sky remains cloudless, it does not have that bright intensity that a warm summer day holds. Suddenly the heat of summer beats down onto her chest, snapping her out of her thoughts. It's the same feeling I got at the festival, the princess observes as she clutches the white wooden ring in her hand. The heat continues, engulfing her hand as if she were holding a piece of fiery coal. She flattens her hand, opening it, to reveal no marks or burns although the ring radiates scalding heat. Her eyes flicker to the mirror and her reflection; she blinks and observes the same behavior of her reflection then the reflection's lips turn into a grin. Daisy's cerulean eyes widen in shock as she raise her hand to her lips confirming that she is not grinning herself.

"Come, come to me. My royal flower open the way with your simple touch," her voice echoes in her ears without being spoken.

She reaches her hand questioningly toward the mirror's frame when a knock grabs her attention, "Daisy," Luigi's voice calls cautiously.

"What," she snaps, still slightly upset.

"I'm, I'm sorry," he blurts out then takes a calming breath. "I should have been more open to accepting your help, but I just felt like once again no one believes that I can help myself. It frustrates me when people do that, but I should not have assumed that was your logic. I should not have been so curt and cold toward you, especially when all you were doing was trying to help. I am really sorry that I upset you," he apologizes again as he sheepishly kicks his foot. "I hope that you can forgive me for my foolishness."

Daisy opens the door and smiles at the surprised plumber. "Apology accepted," she replies contently. "I'm sorry I went off on you like that, but you frustrated me with your stubbornness!"

Luigi laughs, "Well you know us Italians, stubbornness is part of our nature." They both smile goofily then fall silent for a minute. "You want to go do something," he asks breaking the awkward silence.

"Sure, let's go into town," she suggests.

"Sounds like a plan," he agrees as he follows her down the stairs.

They travel into town and spend the rest of the morning and early afternoon walking through the market and various shops. As evening falls they return to the castle and head for Daisy's garden. "Wow, I actually get to enter through the front gate this time, the proper entrance. I don't know if I can handle it! Something's not right," Luigi jokes as they enter into the garden.

The brunette princess smiles and laughs, "Silly boy of course you can come through the normal entrance. Just this once though, otherwise we'll be tempting fate here."

"That sounds about right, knowing my luck," Luigi replies as they sit underneath the cherry blossom tree. Silence reigns between them for a while, both of them quietly watching the sky turn to different colors as the sun sinks into the horizon until the younger Mario brother breaks the silence. "So um awkward question, but how is that experiment thing going," he asks as coolly as possible as he rubs the back of his head nervously.

"As good as one would expect," Daisy sighs causing Luigi to raise an eyebrow in confusion. "I haven't picked anyone yet; actually haven't really thought too much about it to be perfectly honest, even though I should be I guess."

"Oh? Why do you say that?"

"Because I'm suppose to pick the stupid suitor here in two days."

"What? That fast? It's only been what a month maybe two? How can your father expect you to have an answer so soon," Luigi asks bewildered.