Beest laid out plain

The air escapes his lungs unwillingly once more as he smashes against the wall, again. His legs ache, back screams in pain from repeated rough meeting with the wall, and his ego bruised from being unable to obtain the upper hand and hold onto it. He glares up at his enemy, who is roaring in victory, taunting him. Must get up, can't give into the pain, Mario unwaveringly demands of himself as he drags his sore body to its feet.

"Why don't you just stay down plumber? There is no use in getting up. You're not going to win," Bowser scoffs confidently.

"Dad! Dad! I have a surprise for you," Jr. calls as he escorts the bound princesses and king into the throne room.

"Junior what is it," asks concerned. His worry turns into a proud grin as the Darkland ruler spots the captives. "That's my boy! There is no stopping us now," Bowser declares triumphantly then turns back to the battered Mushroom Kingdom hero. "Do you see that Mario? I have the princesses, the king, and this castle all under my control. What are you going to do about that? Save them, ha not going to happen," Bowser taunts.

Mario grits his teeth, and despite the pain, charges the large Koopa. He lands a punch on the koopa's ribbed stomach and throws another at the Darkland monarch's head. Bowser crumples from the pain inflicted by the punch in the gut, but dodges the head shot and growls in frustration. As the plumber tries to land another punch, the Darkland King slams his head down onto the plumber's. Mario staggers back in pain, giving Bowser the space to backhand the hero once more. The red clad man flies back, hits the wall, and crumples onto the floor again.

Bowser chuckles as he watches the plumber struggle to get up once more. "There will be no saving them this time plumber. You can't do it," the large Koopa informs with a smirk as he walks over to the fallen hero. "You've already failed your brother and now you will fail them too," Bowser hisses.

"I did not fail him and I will not fail them," Mario screams as he thrashes at the imposing Darkland ruler.

Bowser avoids Mario's swipes and pins the plumber down with his foot pressing down on the hero's stomach. "Yes you did. I saw it all," the tyrant informs with a satisfied grin. "The prince came to me after he had failed in opening the portals and I watched what he did to your brother," the large Koopa gloats.

"You were in cahoots with Galibrath," Daisy exclaims enraged. "You Bastard!"

"That's right," Bowser answers while continuing to focus on his enemy. "He was going to open all of the mirror portals for my use; all I had to do was give him the main portal and the key."

"The Reflectivus Portal! You were the one who stole it! We should have known that you were behind it! You scoundrel," Toadsworth exclaims.

"Yes we had it all planned, but your stupid brother had to get in the way," the Koopa King complains.

"Like he should, he was taught well," Mario interjects proudly causing Bowser to snort in contempt. The Koopa King removes his foot and grabs the plumber, lifting him into the air. Bowser then turns around and slams his adversary down to the ground. Mario groans in pain as his back is assaulted once more.

"It is that teaching that did him in," Bowser notes with condescension. "I told Galibrath to make him pay and oh did he," the tyrant evilly smirks. "It started with fists then whips then electrocution," Bowser informs with an air of smugness as he watches the older brother shudder with each word. "Finally Galibrath went turned to simpler and more barbaric tactics, he drew his sword," the Darkland ruler grins maliciously as Mario's eyes widened in fear. "First he cut off his left ear then his right middle finger and his right big toe," Bowser chortles as his tale causes visible pain to his archenemy and then he looks up to the captives who also react. The princesses have tears welling up as Thorne and all of the men cringe at the thought. The Koopa King continues with his yarn, "Galibrath then slashed him on both cheeks and allowed him to bleed a little as soon as he become bored with that he turned serious." He takes pause for effect then continues, "He plunged the sword into your brother's lower back, stabbing the kidneys. Bwa ha ha, I have never heard your little brother scream so loud before," Bowser adds with a smirk. "Finally the prince got bored and went for the kill; he raised his sword and pointed it at the heart, and slowly pushed it in. The blood seeped out from his chest and mouth rapidly making a pool on the floor. Do you know what his last words were, your brother's," the Darkland ruler asks his downtrodden, broken enemy. "Luigi's last words were, 'Mario...where are you to save me?'" Bowser's smirk grows even wider as Mario breaks into tears.