Chapter 40: Telling everything

Scarlett

Heading to Mason office I rub on the tattoo of my parents, always do this when I'm nervous or anxious.

Right now, I'm both. He texted me with a simple 'office. now.' He seems like he's pissed. But at what?

Maybe they already founded Yaakov? Or something happened? I don't think I did anything. I've been on the gym, or shooting guns, or in the kitchen.

Did I eat his yogurt again? I can't remember honestly.

Knocking on it, I open and peak my head inside. I see Mason, on his usual black comfortable attire, his back facing me as he looks outside of the window running his hand through his hair.

"Get in and close the door." His voice is distant, hard and somewhat cold. He never talked to me like that. What the hell happened?

I do as he says and walk to him, leaning on the window looking at his side profile. He still hasn't looked at me.

His jaw is clenched, that makes me frown. "What happe-"

"Are you fucking my father, Scarlett?"

My jaw drops at that. "Excuse me?"

"You heard." His voice is calm but still hard and cold. I scoff, incredibly hurt that he would think that. "Who the fuck do you think I am?" I snap, wanting to punch his face.

"It's a yes or no question Scarlett. Fucking answer it." His calm voice is pissing me off. "If you're going to ask shit then look at me and stop being a coward." He turns his body to me, and looks me dead in the eyes. His dark orbs totally empty.

"Are you fucking my fat-" I slap him, hard. He closes his eyes taking a deep breath. "I dare you to ask that again Mason." I glare at him, fuming.

"Then, why Scarlett? Fucking why?" His voice raises. "Why, what Mason? You're making no fucking sense." My voice raises as well.

"You're two left all day the house a couple days ago! You said you had things to solve! He talks like he knows something I don't! And I know there's something, but you tell my dad and not me!"

"We left to Yaakov old house! And we left with a team of your men. You're being ridiculous! The only person here I'm fucking, it's you!" We're shouting at each other now, and his tongue is on the side of his cheek. He's taking my words in.

After a seconds of silence I snort. "Fuck you Mason." I spat, leaving his office slaming the door behind me.

As I'm on the middle I hear the door opening, and rush to climb up the stairs to my bedroom.

I can't stand him right now. I can't even believe he would think that. When would I even have time to do what he said? I'm always with him or at the others part of the house with everyone less Dominic.

Not that I would do it obviously, I fucking like him, not anyone else.

I hear his steps behind me and start to climb two steps at time, as he calls my name behind. As I go to slam the door to my room he puts his foot, stopping me. "Leave me the fuck alone." I say still holding the door against his foot.

I hope it hurts.

"Fucking hell Scarlett." Mason grumbles and pushes the door open. I rush to my bathroom locking the door, with me inside. "You're behaving like a kid." He says through the door and I laugh coldly.

"I'm the child here? Save it Mason."

"Yes you are."

I'm going to punch him.

Opening abruptly the door I walk to my bed and cross my arms. "Say the fuck you want and leave. But I'm not fucking anyone in this house, and you can forget it too."

"I didn't mean it, don't be stupid. What are you hiding to me? I know it's something about the russians." Mason sighs, running a hand over his face.

"Oh, I'm the stupid? Just great." I snort and hear him groan. "Jesus fuck Scarlett! Stop changing the fucking topic. I'm sorry, ok? I'm fucking sorry, I know I was wrong just answer the damn question!" He yells at me, glaring. I just look blankly at him.

"I'm not hiding nothing." I lie looking at him. I'm not ready to tell him everything.

"Don't you fucking lie to me!" He points a finger. "You asked me to be honest with you about what's going on on my head. I'm fucking trying and you still hiding shit! The fuck is with you? I've told you it got to be from both sides!"

I sigh. I'm so done God damn. I'm not ready but if he wants that so much than he deals with it. I don't care anymore.

Getting up I start to blurt it all out. "How do you want me to tell you that I was in that basement with your sister?! That I was raped, beaten, and tortured the double to save her from it?! That that is the reason for the scars all over me?! That I spent days without food to give her, sometimes water, because she was just a innocent kid?! Huh, Mason?! How the fuck do you want me to tell you that while she was asleep I took her beatings and rape?! Or how I was dying and still talking to her about her favorite things for her trauma not be the worse when she left?! And look at it! She died! Is that what you wanted to know?! Because you know it all now!" I yell, tears running down my cheeks.

He's looking at me, shock written over his eyes, and tears forming. I lean my hands on the desk, my head down as the tears fall to the floor.

Fuck. He knows it all now. I'm so done with this shit. I just want to kill that monster and leave.

"You're her. Mazikeen. She was talking about you." He says mostly to himself but I nod. "It was." I sniff wiping my eyes.

"I- I didn't... why didn't you told me?"

"I didn't know how."

"Scarlett." I look at him, a single tear running down his cheek, as his eyes are full of water. I just shake my head. "Please leave. I need to be alone."

He nods and comes closer to me. Slowly he cups my cheek and cleans my tears. The gesture makes more fall. Turning my face away, he sighs, kissing my temple. "I'm sorry." I only nod, and with a last kiss on the side of my head, he leaves.

Fuck.

--------
AYO! MORE 5 CHAPTERS FOR THE END OF THIS BOOK!

HOPE YOU'RE ENJOYING IT UNTIL NOW!

~Nicky
                xx