Sweetheart

Sweetheart, you look a little tired.
When did you last eat?

There are ways to tell, as soon as he wakes up, whether or not the day is going to be very gentle.

The first clue hides in the light, the way the sunlight filters smoothly through the curtains, casting its golden glow along the walls and onto the sheets draped over his back.

Jeongguk stretches languidly, reaching an arm across the bed, as his delayed thoughts swim lazily to the surface of his consciousness. The outstretched hand lands on a cold empty pillow, where there should be a warm body, and he gradually becomes aware of the problem as he wakes fully. Jimin was missing from his bed.

The night before, they had laid in his bed together, Jimin having slipped into his room at a late hour, padding in quietly as to not wake the others in the dorm. He'd been beyond thankful the boy had joined him, as he hadn't been able to sleep for the past few hours.

Jimin had looked distracted, something on his mind that the younger wasn't privy to, and he refused to give a straight answer when Jeongguk badgered him. The older brushed it off, in favour of cuddling up to his space heater of a boyfriend, pressing his face into the broad expanse of Jeongguk's warm chest.

Jeongguk couldn't complain, as they spent the night exchanging lazy kisses, until sleep eventually overtook them, limbs tangled together under the covers.

In the morning, Jimin was gone, and had been for a while, since the warmth he normally left behind on his side of the bed had vanished as well.

Jeongguk would normally sleep in, on a morning such as this, when he had the time to bask in the warmth of the early morning air. He would be able to see the sunlight hitting Jimin's wonderful honeyed skin and try not to stare for too long.

Without the usual company, staying in bed doesn't have quite the same appeal. Jeongguk groans as he pushes his body into a stretch, sitting upright in bed, and peering into the bathroom for any sign of his significant other. When he doesn't see any movement, he pushes out of the sheets and gets up, to head toward the hallway.

Waddling down the hall and peaking into the kitchen, he finds a disgruntled Seokjin frying eggs, tousled hair and languid movements indicating he was barely awake. Jeongguk greeted him a good morning, while the elder waved his hand noncommittally, looking every bit like the busied mother hen the younger knew he was.

Jeongguk sat at the island, placing his elbows
on the table to lean toward his hyung.
"Have you seen Jimin-ah this morning?"

Having not been found in the kitchen, there wasn't many places for the blonde to be at this hour, but it would help to know if he were still in the dorm. Maybe he'd gone to the dance studio for extra practice again.

"Jimin left a little while ago. I tried to feed him but he wouldn't be bothered," Seokjin turned around, leaning against the counter to look at the younger. "Said something about working out, doing stuff on his solo performance."

Jeongguk took in the information along with a little tinge behind his ribcage. He was so proud of his boy, for his incredible abilities, and his talent and worth ethic were admirable. But sometimes, he got self conscious, or he got anxious. Jimin would go way beyond their dieticians wishes, not eating enough, nearly passing out some days. There were days when he worked himself too hard, built up emotions weighing down on him, suffocating him until he collapsed into a trembling mess in his lover's arms.