One

"The Lee Soonim case" Hwasun spoke as she was handed the papers. "I'm defending Han Woonsik" she said unenthusiastically and placed the papers down.

"You're not just defending Han, you're going to be accusing Song Minjae, the other suspect" Chansul sighed and fixed her belt "I need to warn you though, the other side has a great lawyer. His name is Kim Namjoon and he's never lost a case" she placed her small pistol into its hidden compartment in her jacket.

"Last time I checked, I haven't lost either"

"I know" Chansul mumbled as she undid some buttons of her shirt.

"Kim Namjoon..." Hwasun took out her phone and searched images of him "He's cute and all but doesn't seem like my type" she adverted her attention to the papers on her side. "I need the contact information for my client"

"It's the third page" Chansul leaned on the door.

"Found it" she saved the number to her phone.

"I need to go Sunnie" Chansul spoke while gazing at her phone "Yoongi texted me about the break in last night saying we're going to investigate"

"Yoongi huh?" She smirked "And he has your number how~?"

"Shut the fuck up, he's my coworker" she smiled and threw a pencil at Hwasun

"EEK-" she shrieked and ducked as the pencil flew over her and hit the wall. "You marked my wall" she pouted

"Just erase it" Chansul rolled her eyes and left the office.

"JuSt ErAsE iT" she mocked. Looking down at the phone, she hesitantly called the number and waited. Her heart jumped when a voice came from the other side the phone

"Who is this?"

"Choi Hwasun" she spoke confidently

"C-Choi? As in the lawyer?"

No, the Uber driver. "Yes, the lawyer. Tomorrow at 2pm, come to the BH building so we can talk about the case."

"I don't have time tomorrow"

"Well, make time"

"I'll see what I can do" he sighed

*timeskip*

Hwasun sipped her coffee as a knock on the door was heard "come in"

An average man, around 45 or 50 walked in and sat on the chair opposite to Hwasuns desk.

"Han Woonsik, I won't ease into the conversation or bluff. Tell me exactly what happened that day, and if you are guilty, with absolutely no lies." She said sternly "who is Lee Soonim to you and what was your motive if you did commit the murder"

"He was my best friend. Him and Song Min-Jae. We were inseparable until Soonim had an affair with my wife." He clutched his fist "he didn't stop there, he made Minjae drunkenly sign papers that made him drop his share of the company they were running together."

"What happened that day?" She said picking up a pen and twirling it around her fingers.

"I was at home all day" his clutched hand moved to adjust his sleeve as his eyes wandered off to the right. Hwasun analyzed his every move .

The paper said he's right handed which means if he was looking to the left he would be recalling memories. Yet he looked to the right showing signs of dishonesty and adjusting his clothing showing nervousness.

"Don't lie to me." She stated

"I'm not."

She looked over at him causing the tension in the air  to rise. Her unwavering gaze caused him to grow anxious and made him feel pressured.

"I went somewhere" he confessed "but I can't tell you"

"You can choose not to tell me, it's your right. But remember I'm here to help and I need you to open up."

"I can't"

She sighed "you only went to this one place?"

"Yes"

She saw no signs of untruthfulness "what time"

"I.. don't feel comfortable answering that"

"Han Woonsik, you're being too secretive"

"If I could tell you I would"

She sighed and placed the pencil down.
"What time did you return?"

He hesitated before answering "around 10:30 pm"

He had no undertone so she figured the hesitation was unimportant.

"You may leave."

He got up and thanked her before leaving the office.

"This guys shady as fuck" she mumbled looking at her notes.