Chapter 3

Today was the day. The day everything was going to change. The day he was going to get his cousin back. Today was Claiming Day. Type got his cap and gown on and took pictures with his mother and father before he told them he is going to just drive there himself. They tried argue but Type was already out the door and heading to his car.

He had the essential things in his car ready to go to the airport once he had Team safely in his car. He was very confident things were going to go his way, his plan was foolproof. He got out of his car at the high school with a smirk before heading to where he was told to go yesterday at graduation practice. He got lined up with the other students that have a T name and then waited as the principal went down the list of students till he got to the T's. He watched all the students with the letter T go until it was his turn.

His name was called and his parents and Can who had come to support him cheered loudly as he walked to the middle of the stage and took his diploma before shaking the principal's hand. He went and joined the rest of the T names on the chairs in front of the stage. Time passed by and the rest of the kids were given their diploma before the Mayor of Demon Lake walked out and stood in the middle of the stage looking out over the whole village. Even if the villagers didn't have kids that were graduating they were still made to come since it was Claiming Day and they all had to vote on who would go to the demon prince's mansion. It wouldn't matter since he was going to volunteer so he could start his plan.

"As many of you know, today is Claiming Day and that means we must choose who will go to the demon's mansion this year." He said. "Now before we start I want to ask if any of you are willing to volunteer to go."

"I will!!" He said as his arm shot up making everyone gasp in shock.

"No Type, put your hand down right now." His mother said. He stood up at turned in the direction of his mother's voice and easily spotted the distressed woman.

"Mom, I will be fine stop worrying."

"You do understand that once you go through the gates you can't come out again." The mayor said. Hesitation hit Type for a second before disappearing, his plan was going to work he had to trust that.

"I understand" Type said.

"Okay then, gather your stuff and please head up to hill to the mansion, good luck son." The mayor said. Type smiled and took his cap and gown off before straightening his clothes hurrying over to say a goodbye to his parents before heading out of the building to his car. This plan was going to work.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Tharn watched as Win and Team played pool. Team was kicking Win's ass to Win's surprise, it just made him chuckle. They were a great couple and Tharn could tell they loved each other a great deal. A small ache in his chest made him head away from the couple, he wanted that but he was terrified that his mate wouldn't accept him as he was...a vampire demon.

He wasn't always a vampire demon, when he was born two thousand and seven hundred years old ago he was just a regular demon, then when he was twelve in human years his power of power negation which is the power to nullify the powers of others. When he was turned his lost the power but kept most of his demon powers. He was happy that he saved his sister but he lost himself in return.

On the outside he pretended to be okay but on the inside he was struggling with being a vampire. He didn't mean the feeding cause he got that down thanks to Techno and now Team who suggested getting blood bags instead going out to feed on people, he meant the emotional burden of being this monster who needed to feed at least twice a day to stay human-like and not like the woman who turned him who was more monster than human. He also dealt with the fact that everyone he loved would grow old and die while he still looked in his twenties.