fourteen.

Rui-nii chan my ass. He's literally older than me. The peach-haired frowned, " Stop calling me that."

" Eh? But you loved it when I call you nii-chan when we were kids." Kuroo said with a little whine.

Rui let out a sigh of annoyance, " If you don't have anything more to say, I'll head inside. I'll see you around, Tetsurou." he said and turned around.

" How did you know Shoyo?" Kuroo asked from behind him.

Rui turned back around, a tricksy smirk formed in his lips, " Shoyo? which Shoyo? there's so many Shoyo in this country. Which one are you referring to?" he stepped forward, not too close to the bed-haired boy.

" Hinata Shoyo. That one bright kid with smooth orange hair, hazel doe eyes, very short and slim—- Nah enough with that cause you probably know how beautiful he is," Kuroo let out a laugh, stepping forward and close to the peach-head,

" That cutie tangerine whom you defended last Thursday. I'm pretty sure you didn't forget about what happened that day. Seeing how hard you glare at me when I grabbed his hand that day." he said, his voice coming out in a whisper when he said the last part. He then smiled at him cheekily,

" So, how did you know Shoyo?" he repeated, his cheeky smile the total opposite of his serious tone of voice.

Rui tilted his head and looked away, " He's a childhood friend of a friend of mine." He simply replied. But Kuroo's expecting more answers.

Childhood friend. I didn't know he had another one. He's been with us since childhood. Kuroo thought to himself, his eyes squinting at the peach-haired boy who's now quiet after he answered him.

Rui shifted his eyes to him, " Any more questions?"

Kuroo, yet again, smiled at him cheekily, " Do you really know him?"

Rui suddenly felt a weird wave of feeling, it sent chills down his spine. He didn't answer the boy.

Kuroo noticed the sudden quietness of the peach-haired, so he let out a short laugh, " Gomen gomen! I'm sorry if I offended you in some way." he said while rubbing the back of his head. He let out a playful sigh, " When I saw you, I knew that I had to say it to you."

Rui raised a brow, low key asking for the boy to continue.

The boy stepped closer and closer till he's beside him, " If you're going to make a move with him, I suggest you to not do it. Don't even start," The black-haired male side-glared at him, " If you really know him, then keep what I said in your mind."

Patting his shoulder, he walked away and entered the main building.

He knew that he didn't know the ginger that much. 'Cause he's busy clinging onto him, making him laugh, keeping the smile on the ginger's face. He's too focus on that. He's busy making the ginger smile and laugh just to hear that sweet voice. I just now realized, that I never knew what he's feeling whenever he smiles at me. Is that smile even sincere? He asked to himself.

That guy really knows how to play with me. Rui sighed to himself. He knows everything anyways. Academics. Attention. Sport. He can even get what he want.

" That's why he's the favorite one." How unfair.

In the middle of his own world, someone snapped him out of his thoughts, " RUI!" a ginger head shouted lively, waving his hand while running towards him. From where he stood, Rui waved back, " Shoyo."

He stopped in front of the peach-haired and panted heavily. The peach-haired boy gently patted the small back, " You should've walked instead of running to me."

" I know . ." with one last exhale, the ginger head stood properly, looking up at him and smiled cheerfully, " Let's go!"

The peach-head nodded cheerfully and they both skip to enter the main building. While walking towards the seniors section, he silently glance at the ginger head, seeing him humming happily. He, to himself, also smiled and looked back in front. Maybe this time, I can get what I want.

short chapter. I am so sorry again.

To be continued . . .

thank you for reading
hwe-yi