[Chapter 2]

The sunlight shone through the windows, and you shot up as soon as you awoke. Taking a look around your surroundings, you unfortunately saw that yesterday's incident was not a dream.

You got up from the bed in the guest bedroom and yawned. Maybe the owner of the cottage would finally be home.

Looking down, the sight of your pajamas came into sight. Grey sweatpants and a dark red t-shirt rested on your figure. It made you grimace, for you had been wearing this ever since you found yourself in the forest. Dirt and grass stains soiled the clothes.

It was rather hopeful thinking but perhaps the owner of the house had clothes that could fit you.

You opened the closet that was in the guest bedroom but it was completely empty. Making your way to the master bedroom, you saw Marlin strolling along in the hall.

You smiled and gave a small wave to the cat, despite him not understanding what you were doing. "Hey, Marlin. I'll give you some food in a minute."

You opened the door to the master bedroom and walked over to the closet. There wasn't many clothes, but there was a few that you could maybe manage to fit on you.

The options weren't very appealing, so you just took the first few things you saw.

You spent a minute or two putting on black, baggy pants and a light brown shirt that went all the way down to your mid thighs, so you put a dark brown belt around your waist to make it look like a skirt. You also put on black boots that you found on the floor of the closet.

You nearly laughed out loud at your reflection in the mirror. It looked as if you came straight from the medieval times. Clothes were the last thing to worry about, so you walked down the stairs and made your way to the kitchen.

Marlin was already sitting by his food bowl, meowing loudly. You chuckled and pulled the bag out of the cabinet and poured the cat food into the bowl. He immediately started munching on the tiny brown pebbles. You also put some cold water into the other bowl.

Today you made a plan to search around the cottage in hopes of finding other people.

You heard your stomach growl loudly. You hadn't eaten anything the day before and you didn't have breakfast today.

...Maybe it would be okay to just take a peak inside the refrigerator, right?

That's when you came to a sudden realization. This house didn't even have a refrigerator. "Uh.. that's weird. Maybe I'll just look in the cabinets then."

Searching through the cabinets, you finally came across a box of salted crackers. "Better than nothing, I guess."

You began munching on the crackers, only eating a few because you didn't know if you would have to save more for later.

Putting the box back into the cabinet where it came from, you turned around to pet Marlin's head. "I'll be back, okay? Stay put."

You then left the door, taking in the sunlight. It felt really nice and you just wanted to stay there and relax for a while but you had to figure out where you were.

You began walking, remembering the turns you were taking so you wouldn't forget where the cottage was.

Unexpectedly, you heard a loud thud and the sound of a person groaning. A person!