[Chapter 4]

You stepped into the cottage and slammed the door shut, sliding against it and onto the floor.

The day had been so exhausting for you. Running around all over the town, bumping into people and meeting fictional characters.

At least you were back in the cottage now with new clothes. You managed to find a place that was giving away free items to the homeless peasants.

You found a few cute dresses and undergarments which was lucky. You also got some necessities like pads, tampons, a toothbrush and a few other things.

You put the things away and sighed in exhaustion. The sound of a meow made you turn around and gasp. You completely forgot about Marlin!

You quickly fed the cat and pet his head apologetically.

It was already night and the moon was hiding behind the clouds. Yawning, you stood up and trudged to the guest bedroom. Maybe tomorrow you could explore more of the town.

Once you entered the guest bedroom, you flopped onto the bed and sighed.

You recalled that the love interests met Sabina at a ball being held in the castle and everyone in the kingdom would be invited. You wondered when the ball would be because you thought it would be fun to watch the plot unfold before your eyes. Maybe you could even meet your very own lover there!

You fell asleep feeling giddy, mind filled with thoughts of your possible future.

———

The feeling of something heavy on your stomach made your eyes flutter open and you groaned.

"Aghh, get off of me ya' fat cat!" You rolled over so Marlin fell off your body and onto the bed next to you.

Slowly standing up from the bed, you trudged over to the closet and put on the clothes you had gotten the day before. Hopefully now people would look at you like a normal human being.

After feeding Marlin and doing what you had to do in the bathroom, you exited the house and outstretched your arms, spinning around a few times. This was real. You were free.

You remembered the way to get to the town so you happily made your way in the direction, having a slight skip in your step.

When you arrived, it looked exactly the same as yesterday. The bustling streets and happy voices filled your senses.

As you walked down the streets, you were happy to find out that no one even spared you a second glance anymore.

You checked out the buildings and made small talk with a few people. Some people seemed pretty friendly but just like anywhere else, others had unnecessary attitudes.

A crowd of people outside of one of the buildings caught your attention. You walked over to them and listened in on their conversation.

"Oh my gosh, have you read chapter thirteen? I never expected that Lara would be the murderer!"

They continued to talk about the book that they were reading. 'So this building is a library..'

Your face lit up with glee. Ever since you came to this dimension, you hadn't been able to read any novels.

You pushed the door open and closed it behind you. The inside of the library wasn't that large, more on the small side. It was to be expected though, especially since this wasn't a library meant for royals. This was more on the poor side of the town.