Chapter 2

*2 Years Later*

"I am not going, Mom!", I yelled at the woman. She keeps insisting that I go to that fucking place. I refuse.

"Come on, Ray. It is important for you and your sister to have a healthy relationship with your father and his, um, family.", she mumbled, trying to coax me. I knew that this was hard for her. It was years later and she was still grieving the loss of her love. He barely did anything with us. I glanced at my little sister. He had the audacity to get my mother pregnant and barely even help with Zora. She had golden eyes- wolf eyes. Apparently, my father had let Angela bite him and turn him very early on into their illicit affair. He never even told mom. She never even knew that the baby she was carrying would be a wolf, until one day we heard tipping coming from the crib and we saw a small brown wolf. 

That was the day that I lost all respect for my father. He did not even give Mom a choice. He did not even see it necessary to tell her that he was now one of them. Mom was flabbergasted, of course. That is when Angela started demanding that Zora be a part of the pack, be amongst her kind. The woman got off on my mother's submissiveness and do-good nature. Honestly, mom hates conflict and she would do just about whatever to make dad happy. I went to those little gatherings at their house. Everyone just stared at us. They looked at us like we were scum, except the omegas. The omegas were treated as slaves. Everything had to be perfect or Angela inflicted severe lashings on their bodies. To be honest, Angela only had respect through fear. The place was sad and scary; the main reason that I do not want to be in that bitch.

"Mom, she is horrible and abusive. I refuse to go.", I don't care what type of begging my mother does. I was not going to be surrounded by a couple of fleabags. The conversation ended just like that. She made the call to dad and let him know that we were not coming over there today. We watched movies all day and snuggled up to each other. 

A few weeks passed and Mom didn't mention going over there. I was happy. He shouldn't even be calling her nor me. I was absolutely disgusted by him. He says that that woman is his soulmate, but he sees the way my mother looks at him. I wish we could just escape it all. I wish that my mother can escape it all. Wishes are a funny thing, though. You make them, but unless you are specific then you don't really get exactly what you ask for which I learned the hard way.

 It was one rainy day. School had been let out early. I did not have an umbrella or anything. My hair was getting soaked, and I was sure that it was going to be one big mess later on- full of kinks and coils, a large afro. I was going to need my mama to detangle it for me later on; maybe add some twists that I can style later on. My mood began to change the closer that I got home, though. 

You know when you get a feeling that starts in your gut. A feeling that things are going to go to shit. Well, I got that feeling when I saw the police cars in front of my home. I felt nauseous and faint when I saw the coroner's van. I then zoned out and felt my heartbeat erratically when they rolled the black bag out, but there were black curls that faded into a gold ombre peaking from the zipper of the bag. 

I don't know what happened. I just remember screaming and thrashing, as officers tried to keep me behind that yellow tape.

"Mommy! Mommy! Please, sir! That's my mommy!" I screamed and begged for my mama until I had nothing left in me. I had to go to the doctor for shock. Apparently, I had screamed until my poor throat could no longer make a sound. I had seen too much already, though. I had seen the body bag. I had seen her skin so beautifully brown, look as if she had slipped in a pool of blood. I had seen my mother dead. She was never coming back. She was gone forever.