Character Introductions + Background Info

Heyo heyo, so this is my first Hunter X Hunter fan fiction! I recently rewatched the show and remembered how much I loved it! So I decided to write a fan fiction based on the type of fan fiction I wanted to read but couldn't find. Like I said in the description, this was meant to be a reader insert but it was too difficult and confusing to constantly have it that way, so I created a character to make it easier. Again, please feel free to "assume the identity" of the OC I made/imagine yourself as her. I am sorry if you don't feel it is an accurate representation of who you are. To be completely forthright with you, I based the character mostly off of myself. Of course I can't use nen or anything like that, but the physical attributes, personality and some of the skills are somewhat related to my own. Sorry about that. 

So, here is a very lengthy and very informally written introduction to the character that I have created in lieu of using (Y/N) ever other sentence. 

Name - Michi Hiromu

Age - Around 18, soon to be 19

Birthday - To be discovered later on 

Looks - Short-ish burgundy hair (doesn't go past chin for now). Heterochromatic red and gold eyes (think of akashi seijuro lmao), where the gold eye is covered with bandages. Pretty tall for a girl, 5'8" (so taller than kurapika but shorter than chrollo).

Clothes - go to outfit/the outfit she takes the hunter exam in is a white button-up short sleeved shirt with lace detailing on the front, long sleeved black coat/cloak with a hood, baggy black shorts that have buckles just under the knee with suspenders that usually just hang at the sides (so not over her shoulders unless she needs them), white and black striped socks that go under the legs of the shorts, heavily buckled combat boots that go a little over the ankle. Carries a worn black backpack with her fans, some food/water, money and a whole lot of herbs, fire starters and tools to make her remedies. (whew, that was a lot - i hope it makes sense ;-;)

Weapons: has 6 kunai knives strapped to various places on her body (two in her boots, two strapped to her upper arms under the coat, one strapped to her waist under her shirt and one in her pocket). Though she rarely uses it, she has a pair of fans (one red one gold) she can use as protection and a little offence.

Nen/abilities: learned at the young age of 7 because a nen user attacked her with nen, opening her aura nodes. The person realized they opened them and noticed she had no clue how to stop her aura from coming out, which was making her weak. Thus, the nen user decided to teach her how to control it. Spoiler alert, he got attached to her and taught her how to use it. She is a specialist (simply because I don't really understand which would fit her best, so I just chose the easiest to understand rip), and uses nature as her primary weapon. Specialty is in herbs, plants and animals, as she is very connected to the earth. Due to her past, she can talk to animals naturally. Can manipulate/control anything that was not man made (i.e. trees, grass, blood. If a building was built by people but made out of stone it would still work). Very knowledgeable about herbs and medicinal herbs, making her able to heal herself and others, as well as enhance her and other's abilities through herbs. Her gold eye is almost always covered and closed, because she can't control her power very well when both her eyes are open. She believes her eye has something to do with her past, but can't figure it out. Anyways, when that eye is open, her body and powers/abilities begin to change a bit. Her hair gets longer to be at about her waist, she gains slightly transparent gold wings from her back and around her head/ears that are delicate and fragile looking. Regardless of what she's wearing, her clothes change to be a loose fitting off the shoulders white dress with gold detailing. Her ears elongate and are slightly pointed. In this state, she can control all elements, not only the earth. (jesus i'm sorry that was a lot to take in but it will probably make more sense as the story progresses)

Personality: Very cheerful and happy; it's difficult to find her crying or in a depressed mood. When you do though, it's hard to watch, as it's so different from her usual self. Great at making friends, very outgoing. Tries her hardest not to judge others, because they could just as easily judge her. Even if the whole world hates you, Hiromu could find something to love about you. Always looks on the bright side. Fiercely protective over those who she loves; would sacrifice herself for her friends in a heartbeat. If she sees you as part of her family, there is nothing she wouldn't do for you. Because of what happened to her family in the forest, she frequently has nightmares and flashbacks, especially around certain triggers that will be figured out along the way. Has to take medicine every night to help her with these things. They often make her sick/physically unwell. Though she appears happy and bubbly towards others, she couldn't be bothered to show herself the same level of affection and love that she gives to the people around her. The people around her often need to remind her to eat and take care of herself. Likes things such as sweets, tea, reading, foreign languages and music. Dislikes people who are purposefully rude, mean or unjust, loud noises, being ignored, people hurting her family and friends.

Little backstory about Hiromu: Doesn't know exactly when she was born, but her earliest memories consist of her in the forest. Spent most of her life growing up in an expansive forest near Kukuroo mountain and was raised by the animals there, which were primarily big and exotic cats who were all ruled by the griffins.The griffin's king and queen were Isamu and Aimi respectively. When Hiromu was 7, a group of exotic animal poachers came into their forest and killed the majority of her family for money and trade. This was the first time Hiromu experienced the change that happens with her gold eye, causing her to lose herself to her grief and attack anything near her. Because she was near Kukuroo mountain she ended up catching the attention of Silva, who was just coming back from a job. He attacked her out of instinct, but realized later that she was just a little girl. Noticing from afar that she was injured, grieving and weakened due to her nen flowing from her body, he decided to help her control her aura. Recognizing himself in her eyes full of determination, grief and passion, he got attached and decided to train her in Nen. Silva only ever told Zeno about his apprentice, because he knew Kikyo would be angry with him. Hiromu continued living in the forest and would train with Silva and Zeno every day, which continued on for 6 years when she was 13. When Silva and Zeno had decided she was ready, Hiromu left to learn new things and find work. It is here that she finds work as a healer. Because of her effectiveness and skill, she quickly gained a reputation as one of the best healers for hire. Often hired by sketchy and not-so-ethical people, she quickly learned not to question who she was helping and just did it. She did this for quite a while, and eventually was getting hired by top class hunters, criminals and mafias. At 16, she begins to do work for some of the members of the Phantom Troupe, though she doesn't know who they are or what they do. Has healed for Uvogin, Feitan, Phinks, Pakunoda and Shizuku. Doesn't know that they know each other or that they are from the Troupe. Around the time that she turned 17, she overheard some people talking about the coveted Hunter exam. She got so excited that she decided to participate. Since then, she has been training day and night to improve her skills to become a hunter. Because she became friends with some of the Troupe members, she would ask them (separately) if they could help her train, which they did. Uvo helped her with strength and combat training, Feitan with combat, agility and endurance and Pakunoda with accuracy for throwing knives and such. Finally at 18, she embarks upon her journey to become a hunter and find out who killed her family in the forest. 

DISCLAIMER 1: I DO NOT own any of the Hunter X Hunter characters, plot, or anything related to it. All I own are my personal character creations. 

DISCLAIMER 2: This fan fiction will slightly alter the plot of the original show. Characters may be added or omitted from certain parts as I feel it is appropriate or convenient to the plot of MY version of the story. I ask that you please try to be understanding. :) 

Well, I hope that you like my story! Please let me know if there is someone you want to see Hiromu shipped with! No, I will NOT ship her with anyone under 18. That is wrong on so many different levels. Yes that includes Gon and Killua, ya nasties.

Without further adieu, the prologue/first part of the story will be next! Thanks. :) 

-J-Queen