Chapter 2 - A Certain Sexy Clown

Ayo ayo I'm back c: I've started school in person again, so it's getting at little tricky to work on this story and update regularly. Anyways, here I am with the next chapter! Hope y'all enjoy. :)

3, 2, 1, LET'S GET IT!

~~~~~~~~~

Previously:

Because we passed the pre-examination, the Captain gave Gon directions while we waited. After they finished talking, Gon ran up to us and told us the information he got.

After a tiny argument with Leorio, the four of us made our way to the pine tree at the top of the island.

As we walked, I made sure to mentally record everything I was feeling. My feet on the ground below me, my heart pumping, blood flowing through my body, the sun on my skin, everything. I wanted to remember everything. Nothing should be forgotten, not when I finally had a chance to live the life I had only read about. The life I wanted to live. The life I didn't have yet. The life I desperately needed. A life that was worth living. 

~~~~~~~~~

HIROMU POV:

After we had walked for a bit, we encountered an interesting old lady and her entourage, who quizzed us with a moral dilemma. We ended up getting the right answer and were able to pass through, although we almost had to fight Leorio to stop him from hitting the old lady. 

Because we passed, the old lady kindly told us we needed to walk for about two hours through a passage she opened in order to get to the exam site. After walking for probably more than two hours, we arrived at a little cabin in the forest. We figured it might have something to do with the test, so we knocked. 

No answer.

We knocked again and then a third time, but since we got nothing still, we went ahead and opened the surprisingly unlocked door. 

Upon opening the door, we came face to face with what at first appeared to be the bloody scene of an attack by a beast on a helpless family. Though almost immediately, I was able to recognize the beast and the other two "people" as shapeshifting Kiriko beasts. 

"Oh! You're Kiriko, right?" I said, using their native language, which was kind of like a bunch of clicking noises. 

Their eyes went wide, and the next thing I knew I was in the arms of the Kiriko who was in his natural form. Squeaking a bit, I gripped onto his arm as he grabbed the wife - who was really another Kiriko - and jumped out the window. 

As we broke through the glass and left into the forest, I heard the three boys behind me call out my name, and vaguely heard Kurapika tell Leorio to tend to the "husband" while they went to get the "wife" and I. I let myself hang a little limp in the beast's arms, knowing he wouldn't drop me. 

Swinging my legs back and forth absentmindedly, I looked up at the creature holding me.

"Mister? Can I ask why you're holding me?" I inquired with a slight smile. 

He glanced down at me, intrigued yet amused. "How do you know Kiriko tongue, little boy?"

I pouted. "I just do. Also, I'll have you know, I am neither little nor a boy."

A little shocked, the Kiroko holding me eyed me up and down and shrugged. 

Not too long after, I heard Gon and Kurapika chasing after us, Gon yelling out a few insults at the Kiriko holding the girl and I. I giggled a bit when Gon hit him on the head with his fishing rod, the Kiriko dropping his daughter down, leaving Kurapika to catch her.