Chapter 1

Disclaimer: I don't own Smallville or the Percy Jackson universe.

By the way, this is the unedited version, so if you see any spelling or grammar mistakes I would really appreciate if you could point them out. I will be going over it myself soon, but it's super late right now so this version will have to do for now. Anyway, I hope everybody enjoys the first chapter. 

                                                                                             ***

"-me! Don't care how you do it, just saaaave, save, -"

"Clark Kent what do you think you're doing?"

Clark whipped around,  feeling his cheeks warm in embarrassment, to see his father standing in the middle of the barn doorway, his hands on his hips.

"Uh, I was just, uh, doing my chores." He gulped out. But his dad only glared. "C'mon dad you can see that I'm doing my chores! I'm holding the hay bail and everything!"

A tense silence followed.

"Clark..." His father started.

"Yes?"

His dad's serious face broke into a grin, and he roared with laughter.

"Sorry son, but you should've seen the look on your face!" He chuckled. "I'm sorry but the opportunity was too perfect!" Clark joined in, a mixture of amusement and relief spread over him as his father wrapped him in a hug, still shaking with laughter.

"C'mon son, let's head to the house. Your mother just baked a whole truckload of cookies, and somebody's gotta finish 'em off."

Clark let his dad grab him by the shoulder and lead him out of the barn, his dad cracking jokes the whole way.

So it seems I'm not the only one in a good mood today. Clark thought with a grin.

And Clark was in a good mood. A very good one in fact. No meteor freaks, no strange occurrences, and no Lois Lane. Clark was really enjoying his time as a member of the football team, and even better, him and Lana were finally back on good speaking terms. For the first time in quite a while, Clark felt on top of the world. And nothing could bring him down.

His dad pulled open the door and the two walked inside. An intense smell smothered Clark in a warm embrace, its tantalizing scent drifting to and fro. Clark felt his mouth water as he walked into the cozy kitchen, where his mother was bent over a tray of freshly baked cookies. She looked up as his dad sauntered in, Clark in his wake. She smiled sweetly and gestured to the cookie tray in front of her.

"Hey boys! I just finished baking the cookies for the upcoming Smallville Festival. Why don't you two have one and tell me what you think?" 

"Don't mind if I do!" Jonathan Kent grabbed a cookie and took a bite. A look of pure contentment crossed his face as he chewed. Clark grinned and took a cookie himself, munching on it. A burst of sugar and chocolate overwhelmed him, a bubble of joy accompanying it. Martha Kent watched happily as they devoured the snack, eyebrows raised.

"So?"

Jonathan Kent crossed the kitchen and took his wife in his arms, kissing her deeply. Clark felt his cheeks flush for the second time that day, and turned his face to admire the clock on the wall. 

"You never cease to surprise me, Martha Kent." Clark turned back to his parents, who were grinning at each other lovingly.

"Yeah the cookies are great, mom," Clark piped in. His parents turned to him surprised, as if they had forgotten he was in the same room as them.