•Prologue•

1995
(The Day Of Sunset Curve's Death)

Our story begins in Hollywood, with a band of four teenage boys, expressing themselves through their music at the very well known Orpheum.

     Luke, lead singer of Sunset Curve, began the band's practice with their new song, 'Now or Never'. He strummed his polished and precious electric guitar to initiate the beginning of the song.

     Alex, the band's drummer, excitedly hit his sticks together and counted off, grasping the attention of the staff, who were currently busy with sprucing up the place before the big show.

     Bringing his face closer to the mic, Luke sang, eyes sparkling with passion. "Take off, last stop. Count down 'til we blast open the top. Face first, full charge. Electric hammer to the heart." The boy smiled at his band mates, and friends, around him as they continued to sing.

     "Clocks move faster 'cause it's all we're after now."

     Making eye contact with Reggie, his close friend who played the base guitar in the band, Luke gestured him over while grinning, eyes wrinkling with happiness.

     Almost slipping on the stage, Reggie rushed his way over to his friend as they began to sing their rehearsed lines. The two friends gladly shared a mic while they sang with fire in their eyes. The rush of adrenaline causing them to bounce in place. "Won't stop climbing 'cause this is our time, yeah."

     Pushing his friend back to his designated spot on stage, the lead singer lead the band to the chorus. "When all the days felt black and white those were the best shades of my life."

     "Don't look down"

     "'Cause we're still rising-"

     "Up right now"

     "And even if we-"

     "Hit the ground"

     "We'll still fly, keep dreaming like we'll live forever, but live it like it's now or never"

     A sheen of sweat covered the four boys, glistening in the bright spotlights as they continued to play into the night.

     Never losing the smiles from their faces, the band turned towards Alex for his solo part. "We ain't searching for tomorrow."

     "Tomorrow" Reggie added, lips grazing the mic as he did so.

     "'Cause we got all we need today."

     "Today"

     "Living on a feeling that's been running through our veins."

     "We're the revolution that's been singing in the rain." Grinning at the staff, who took a minute from their work to admire the band's talent, Reggie sang his part leading up to the climax of their song, brushing his damp hair back as he did so.

      Releasing their hold on their instruments, the boys clapped on beat for the next part of their song.

     "Don't look down, 'cause we're still rising up right now"

     "And even if we-"

     "Hit the ground"

     To test the stage effects, smoke bursted out at the sides of the stage, doing as it was meant to and putting emphasis on the climax of the performance.