•One•

2020(Present Day)

2020
(Present Day)

     Sixteen year old Maria Estrada (or more commonly known as Ria) groaned into her pillow as she heard the familiar and unwelcomed sound of her alarm clock rattling against her dresser. Deciding to just unplug it rather than chuck it across the room, like she had done two days earlier, the girl shakily rose from her bed. Licking her chapped lips and pulling her knotted hair into a messy bun, Ria untangled herself form her warm comforter and started getting ready for school.

     Almost slipping when she raced out of the bathroom into her bedroom, the girl made her made her way towards her full body mirror. She smiled at her choice of an outfit, which was just a simple oversized t-shirt partially tucked into her jeans shorts, and turned a few times before noticing the numbers on her clock.

     The young Estrada, after making it so she could be seen in public, raced around her room for the last five minutes she had before she would have to get into her father's car to leave for school. Trying to grab everything she needed for that day, the girl scrambled to gather her partially crumpled homework, her loose pencils, and lastly, her memory journal. Something she could never leave just lying out for long periods of time.

     "Hey mi hija, time to go, you know you're father's patience is at a low in the morning"

     Ria smiled sweetly at her mother who stood in the doorway. Finally zipping up her backpack she's used since the fourth grade, the girl slipped past her mother in a quick motion, planting a kiss on her cheek before running out the door.

     Mrs. Estrada chuckled softly at seeing her daughter come back inside to put on her shoes before heading to the car once more.

 Estrada chuckled softly at seeing her daughter come back inside to put on her shoes before heading to the car once more

     Ria sighed in relief at the sight of her school locker. She twiddled with the lock before opening up the blue door, and began pulling out some necessities for the day, such as extra erasers and colored pencils.

     The inside of the girl's locker was covered head to toe in drawings. Most being traditional paper and pencil, while others were made with charcoal or crayons.