Chapter Seven

Your eyes gave you a moment to shed the sleep from your brain, allowing the visions of the night to give in to the sun that peered through your window shutters.

You were peacefully allowing yourself to get used to the daylight, as you were stuck in the clutches of night. That was until you felt a hand snake around your stomach and pull you closer to the couch.

The 'couch' being some random ass dude.

Your alarmed screams and frantic movements awoke the mystery man. It took him a second to figure out you were the one in peril.

"Who the heck are you?" You backed up, stumbling over the edge of the couch, landing you on your tush.

"Are you alright?" The dude asked worriedly, a blanket wrapped around him, so the only thing you could see was his face, which you couldn't even define.

"Answer me! Who are you?" You yelled, threateningly-but-not pointing your TV remote at the boy.

"What do you mean?" His face morphed into utter confusion, like you were the one causing befuddling atmosphere, here. "I'm Jungkook."

You shake your head violently. You tried not to think about the Hybrid articles, but your thoughts would not dislodge themself. You were contemplating on what Yoongi said, but you remembered that the entire news thing could be a scam.

For all you know right now, this dude could be a stalker and was trying to get away with being innocent.

"You're my bunny? Hah, nice try. Now, get the fuck out of my house before I call the cops, hmm?" You said coldly at the man, who was still lying on the couch in the form of a burrito. "You're some random dude that managed to cuddle with me during the night without me noticing."

"I'm not a man, I'm a bunny." He grumbled with his lips in a pouted position. "Why are you so scared of me all of a-"

He poked a single hand out of his little wrap, absolutely dumbfounded at the result.

"Why is my hand so weird?" He yelled, the volume of his voice pained your ears. He abruptly stood up, dropping the blanket and pillows he previously was snuggled in.

He had absolutely no clothes on.

You clenched your hands over your face before you could see anything else. Though you couldn't see him, you could hear his panic.

You spread your fingers apart, peeking only a little to see what was going on. The man was hiding under his blanket again, but this time, you couldn't see any of his face.

All you could hear were his pained cries and you could pretty much tell what was happening in his head.

His tears burst like water, held in a dam and spilled down his face. Brick by brick, his walls which he used to lean upon were collapsing. When you heard his cries, there was a rawness to it. Like the pain was similar to an open wound.

There wasn't any tell-tale way of knowing he was an intruder or not, but from the way his figure was trembling underneath the blanket, you could tell he wasn't. He didn't even attempt to hurt you, like most might.

If I don't know why he's a bunny, why would he know any better?

You silently stood from your spot, walking over to the boy. As soon as your footsteps were heard by him and his sensitive ears, the entire room became noiseless.

"I'm not going to hurt you, Jungkook. I just want to see your face, okay?" You asserted softly, making sure your voice wouldn't startle him any more than he already has been. He allowed you to pull the cover over his head, revealing his ebony hair, along with matching ears. "Hold on, you legit have ears?"

Hearing the sudden change in the tone of your voice, he yanked the sheet back over his head.

Shit, I've lost all progress. From the top.

"Jungkook, you aren't helping. I want you to sit up and show your face, okay?" You instructed, backing up a little so he had room. You were sitting on the floor while he worked up the confidence to do as he was told.

Surely enough, you got to see his face.

"You're doing good. Can I sit next to you?" You asked for permission, trying not to startle the ex-bunny. He hesitantly nodded, keeping his eyes glued to the floor at all costs.

Trying to rekindle the bond you both had, you rubbed atop his head. Subconsciously, he leaned into it, not exactly wanting to, but didn't have much of a choice.

While you were doing so, you couldn't help but admire his adorable, puffy face. His eyes were red from crying and while it was extremely heartbreaking to see someone in this state, the way he did it was endearing.

Once you recoiled your arm, he whined at the loss of contact. His habit of doing this as an animal hasn't changed, which was another thing you thought was cute.

Oh, damn. There's still a naked man in my house, and I'm petting him.

You gave Jungkook a smile before saying, "Hey, I'm going to go outside for a second. I'll be right back, okay?"

As you stood up, he gripped your hand like his life depended on it.

"Y/N, don't go. Don't go." He begged, tears pricking at his eyes and threatening to spill. His desperate pleas felt like a pang to your heart. "Don't leave me, I'm sorry I'm not a bunny."

"Love, you're precious to me. I would never leave you." You promised, gently squeezing his hand for his reassurance. "I don't care if you're a bunny or not, you're still Jungkook. It'll only be a second, okay? Not a long time."

He let go of your hand against his will, but he knew he had to obey you. He was your pet, anyhow.

"Stay where you are. I'll return."

With that, you left your apartment and called your school, letting them know you'd be taking a sick week off because you had strep throat.

Maybe I can breathe in a shit ton of dust, or I can get a fake doctor's excuse. Eh, I'll figure it out.