9: Someone's Someone

Gabriel's POV

The moment I met Trouble, I knew she was a force to be reckoned with. Everything about her commanded your attention, but the moment you got to actually know her? That's when you were truly sucked in. She is pure innocence wrapped in this caring package. There isn't a way to describe just how pure she is. How honest she is.

I've been in the music business for several years dealing with my fair share of rock stars. Each one thought they were above me. I was nothing but the help, someone for them to snap their fingers at and demand for my services. While it was exhausting to always have a smile on my face, this was something I loved. My brothers made up for all the turmoil I had to go through, they made dressing them easily, even when they were complaining.

But Sang? My Trouble? She walked in with a hesitant smile on her face so far out of her element that I couldn't wait to assist her. She was the perfect canvas for me to create a masterpiece. Nothing on her was fake. Not even her personality. When she realized what it was that I was there for, she wouldn't allow me to just go about my business, she wanted to be included in the process. Not in a demanding way or overbearing sort of aspect. No, she was truly curious as to why I was picking the pieces I was and how she could recreate it in the future. She struck up a conversation with me, generally inquisitive about me and my new role within her life.

It was a feeling I'd never experienced before. I was a moth to her flame, drawn in by her beauty and captured by her personality.

Many people took one look at me and made an assumption. One far of its mark, but I had no reason to correct them. That wasn't the case with her. There was no judgment in her gaze as she followed me around the studio like a lost little kitten. It was a heady feeling and it only grew over the course of the hours we were together. I knew the moment we were on tour that I would spend as much time with her as possible. It's why I kept her band and meeting them a secret. I wasn't ready to share her with the others just yet.

I saw the look Luke had shot me when I was talking about helping her earlier in the dressing room. He felt betrayed by my keeping them to myself. We shared everything. There was just something about Sang that I wanted for myself. She was the only one who I allowed myself to open to besides my brothers. That wasn't something that happened often. It spoke volumes about her character.

Watching her on stage, listening to her belt out her soul to these people who had no idea of what type of person she truly was, sent shivers down my spine. There was no doubt in my mind that she would go far in this career. She would only go up from here. It had me questioning if she would keep her sincerity or if the fame would eventually get to her.

I've seen too many people turn ugly because of the spotlight. Some even before the fame became a thing. Look at Blake.

My gaze seeks him out behind all of us. There is a look on his face, one I can't decipher, but know I don't like. It's a cross between sadness and hatred. And it's directed at my Trouble. Someone who doesn't deserve a man like Blake looking at her that way. She requires sunshine and rainbows. Roses and unicorns. Whatever makes girls like her happy. Negative emotions should never touch someone such as Sang, someone so pure and adorable. I make it my mission to keep them apart. To never allow anyone access to her that threatens to warp her sense on the world. The fragility of this world is already on the cusp of falling, there is no need to allow its vileness to taint the last person who views in such brightness.

Sang is the type of girl every mother would love to have her son bring home. The epitome of good girl. Loving. Wholesome. Just overall amazing.

With the way that my brothers and the members of Nocturnal Sacrifice are staring at her on stage, I know I'll never have a chance with her. Not that I believed I had much of one with her to begin with. Though it's nice to have dreams. Having her in my life will be enough though. Being around her light will only make me a better person. Will only bring my utter happiness. I can't see how anything about her could be bad.

Halfway through their set, I decide to head back to the dressing room. My emotions are all over the place due to how Sang invokes it within you. I don't know how she does it, how she makes you feel every word she is singing, but it's too much for my fragile psyche right now. I want to know her, know what she's gone through to provoke such sadness in her lyrics. While she had a few more upbeat songs, there was still a lingering sadness undertone. I can't place my finger on it, but I know that the childhood she had mentioned in the beginning was far worse than she let on.

I can hear footsteps behind me, most likely following me back to the room, but I don't pay attention, too lost in my own thoughts. It's not until I've finally made it into the dressing room that I turn to find each of my brothers, excluding Mr. B, have followed me back.

Sean is the first to break the silence. "Wow. That girl...." His voice trails off, but I think we all know what he's thinking. She's something else. My thoughts are echoed by North.

"She's something else. I've never heard someone put so much feeling, so much emotion, into their lyrics." His voice is a quiet rumble, unlike his usual abrasive tone.

"I think Mr. B was holding back when he was praising their band. It won't take long for them to top the charts. Not if they continue producing stuff like what she was singing tonight," Kota chimes in.

"Honestly, I don't think Trouble is in it for the fame."

Everyone turns to look at me to understand what I'm trying to say.

"Explain that," Nathan asks.

"When I helped them with their clothes, I just got that vibe from her. We talked. Never once did she talk down to me or allow me to make decisions based solely on my opinion. She is good, through and through, but I worry that this life will eventually get to her. All Sang wants is for her voice to be heard. I have a feeling that she had been silenced for a long time and now it's her time to get everything off her chest."

"So, what exactly are you saying or asking," Silas throws in his thoughts.

"Nothing. I just know that while on tour, I won't be far from Trouble. I don't want to see her light dimmed because of some asshole fan or band member. Anyone she might encounter while in this world. She is too pure."

They seem to agree. Nodding their head along with my words. Sang just gained seven overprotective men to watch her every step. Hopefully we don't overwhelm her. Though I have a feeling things will be quite interesting from this night forward.

Only one way to find out.