Chapter 5

California

Kaylai King

Getting out the shower I lotion my body with some coco butter and looking through my closet for some leggings and a black hoodie with some comfortable fuzzy socks to wear

Putting on my clothes I went to the bathroom taking my bonnet off and plugging in my flatiron so I can straighten my hair.

After finishing with my hair I grabbed some extra tampons noticing that it was the last 2 that were in the box. Im annoyed at this point cause I'm not trying to go to school and see all these ugly ass teacher and have cramps at the same fucking time.

Im just gonna kill myself

"Ughhh I hate my life at the moment!" I said while walking down the stairs and into the kitchen seeing my mom drinking coffee while on Facebook.

"Kay why is you yelling like that at 8 in the morning" she said while watching me walk around the kitchen slowly.

"Mom I'm on my period and I hate my life and i'm not being dramatic either so yeah" I said while grabbing a fruit cup opening it eating some.

"Im not even gonna comment, you'll be fine just hurry and come home after school so you can sulk in your bed about your issues" she said while hugging me and leaving the kitchen.

"Love you ma I'm leaving" I said walking out the house and unlocking my car door. Pulling out the driveway I turned on my playlist shuffling the music.

I can't wait till i'm done with school because waking up early like this is fucking dead and I'm sick of it. I made a quick turn into the Starbucks drive thru line to get a  drink so I can kind of feel happy. After ordering my vanilla bean frappe I went to the 2nd window waiting for my drink to come out.

"Shoota🔫🍆 would like to FaceTime"

I looked down at my lap as the window open. "Have a nice day" she said as I pulled off saying a quick thank you leaving the drive thru. Quickly answering the FaceTime call I set the phone on my lap while fixing the straw so I could drink it.

"Why the fuck I'm looking at a ceiling" Shoota mumbled with his face all in the camera.

"Cause I'm fucking driving. Want me to get in a car accident?" I said while drinking more of my frappe.

"Who you talking to like that lil girl" he said while scrunching his face.

"Kari, you're the only person i'm on FaceTime with soo" I said while looking down at my phone laughing at his still confused face.

"Yeah, aight Kaylai don't get fucked up talking out yo fucking ass, you heading to school or some shit" he said while moving out the bed.

"Yeah sadly I'm on my way to school, I can't wait till this shit over with cause I fucking can't no more, especially today" I said catching an attitude all over again.