ONE

1

IZZY POV

___

I WALKED INTO my house heaving a very loud sigh. I smirked and let out a laugh when I heard no reply. Usually, on a good day, I'd get a 'Shut up' or a 'Be quiet' every time. Now, nothing.

I jump around in place and wiggle out my fingers. Picking up my phone, I dial my mom's number. Four rings later, she picks up.

"What is it now, Izzy?" She asks, impatient.

"M-Mom, I came home and you weren't hear," I cry, faking a hiccup, "W-Where are you?"

She sighs and I hear her rolling her eyes, "We had an emergency trip we had to take. We'll be home Monday."

I smile widely and count the days. Three days on my own. Yes!

"O-Okay, I-I love you." I sniffle, pulling the phone away from me to let out a short laugh.

"Drop the act!" She says and hangs up.

At that I let out a loud laugh, scaring a maid dusting the living room. I skip upstairs to my room and flop onto my bed. I quickly text Claire and tell her I'm throwing a party at 8.

I then proceed to text everyone I know with the same news and receive a few okay's and definitely.

I jump out of bed and walk around the house looking for Jacques, our butler. After a while of skipping around the house, I find him and our head maid Monica in the kitchen, shining the glass and cutlery.

I skip in and sit across from them smiling, "Hi, Jacky. Hi, M."

"Hello dear," Monica responds.

I've gotten really comfortable with them two. They've been a part of our family ever since I was born. They were more family to me than my own parents.

Monica was in her late forties. She had graying blonde hair and blue eyes. She had high cheekbones  and looked as if she used to model when she was younger. Every time I ask, she says to cut it out with the nonsense. 

Jacques was also in his late forties, but he never tells us his actual age. He had short dark brown hair and a slowly, but surly receding hairline. He had thick eyebrows that sadly I wish I had and gentle brown eyes. He claims he used to be a sailor and met Captain Hook, but I won't believe it until I see it.

"So..." I said.

Jacques looked at me and squinted his eyes. I smiled sheepishly at him because he already knew what I was here for.

"Please, I already invited everyone!" I pleaded.

"You know your parents wouldn't like that," he said, looking at me and shaking his head.

I crossed my arms, "I don't like that my parents are never here, but I can't complain." 

He heaves a sigh and glances at Monica. She shrugs her shoulders and goes back to shining the glass and cutlery. Jacques sighs again, but nods.

"I'll tell the other maids to prepare, but this time we are closing off the west wing." He warns.

I jump in joy and wrap him in a hug. Before he could hug me back I pull away and rush out the kitchen, shouting an "I love you, guys!"

___

I GET OUT of the shower and wrap my head in a towel and dry myself off. Wrapping the towel around my body, I walk over to my closet in search for something to wear tonight. I walk into the closet and look at the table they just recently set up in there.