FOUR

4

Ethan's POV

___

I held onto Izzy's waist on my shoulder and tried to figure out where her bed was. Failing miserably and hitting my shin on a table, Jacob (I learned) showed me where it was. I thanked him and plopped her down on the bed. I heard her bounce on the bed and let out a laugh.

I settled down on her bed and laid down. I heard her let out a laugh and poke my arm. I faced her.

"Did you enjoy your first party, Ethan?" She asked, laughing.

I shrugged, "It was... interesting."

She sighed and hiccuped, "Ow."

I let out a laugh and heard Jacob snicker. She huffed.

"I got to go." Jacob said, pointing at the door.

I felt this awkwardness from Jacob and I didn't know why. It was inescapable, I guess. 

"Oh... bye. See you, later." She said, a little disheartened.

I heard the door close and then it was quiet. I turned my head towards Izzy and looked at her. I couldn't really see her, but I could see her figure. I could see her hair color, it was a light brown and I could see her skin color which was white.

She let out a giggle, "Why are you looking at me? Wait... Can you see me? You liar!" 

She jumped up and I let out a laugh.

"I'm not totally blind you know. I can kind of see you."

She let out a hum of understanding and laid back down and took my hand in hers, playing with my fingers.

"Is there any chance you can see again?" She asked.

I sighed.

"Yes." I said, frowning.

"Really? How?" She asked.

"Two ways. The first is that it'll come back naturally or I go through surgery."

She stayed quiet for a little so I continued, "I wasn't born without my sight. So, I do have hope."

"That's good." She said.

She jumped up and gasped, "Do you want to meet my butler and maid? They'll love you!"

I got up and smiled, "Sure."

She got up and I heard her kick off her shoes and reach for the door.

I reach for her hand to stop her, "Aren't there still people downstairs?"

"Nope. After I explode everybody's told to leave."

I let out a laugh, "This isn't the first time?"

"Nope." She said, popping the 'p'.

"Why don't I have a hard time believing that?" I smirked. She gasped and hit my arm lightly, but then held my hand and dragged me somewhere downstairs. Her hand in mine was warm and I smiled down at her.