TWO

2

ETHAN'S POV

___

I WAKE UP to the persistent beeping of my alarm clock and an automated voice telling me that it's 8:30 and let out a groan. I fumbled around my nightstand for my alarm clock and hit the snooze button. I sighed and climbed out of bed walking over to my bathroom. Before I reached the door, I heard a knock on my door.

I groaned and reached for the door, I stumbled on something on the floor and winced. Not knowing what it was, I kicked it away and reached for the door again. Opening the door, I waited for the person on the other side to speak.

"Uh... Ethan?" A timid voice asked.

"Yes, who's this?" I asked, yawning.

"Uh-right, my name's Bethany. I'm Linda's daughter. She was caught up so she told me to help you out this morning."

I nodded. Linda was basically my helper. She woke me up in the morning, picked out my clothes, and basically watched out for me whenever I couldn't.

"What do you look like?" I asked her. I could only see her figure and a head of brown hair, but it was very blurry. She looked like a shorter and thinner version of Linda.

"W-What?" She stuttered.

"Describe to me how you look like." I told her. Sometimes I do this to make the person feel uncomfortable and sometime I genuinely want to know.

"Well... I have dark brown hair, blue eyes... uh- I'm 5-2' and am wearing a pair of grey sweatpants and sweatshirt. I'm also 16."

I nodded and opened the door for her to come in. I pointed her to the direction of my closet and I heard her walk towards it.

Before I could walk into the bathroom to get into the shower, she asked me a question on what I'd like to wear.

"Is it hot outside?" I asked.

She stayed quiet for a second a responded with a quiet, "Yes."

"Black jeans, white t-shirt and... my white Air Forces."

She opened my closet doors as I walked into my bathroom getting my shower ready. I used the bathroom (which was getting hard to delay even further), brushed my teeth, and got into my shower.

___

I BID MY parents a goodbye and receive a worried 'bye' back from my mom. She's always been worried about me going out by myself with my condition. She always preferred I go out for my walks with a friend, with Linda or virtually anyone. My dad ignores me as always.

I roll my eyes and feel around for the cane hanging by the door. Once I found it, I wrap it around my wrist and stretch it out in front of me. Opening the door, I start my trek to the outside of town. 

I breathe in the warm air and plug in my earphones. Once they're in, I start my favorite playlist and I start walking away from the house that's too big for our own good.

Sometime through my walk, I was stopped by a girl. Her voice was pitchy and kind of nasally. She was dressed in a bright reddish color and had blonde hair. I shut my eyes and sighed halting to a stop.

"Are you okay?" She asked, groping my bicep. My eyebrows furrow and I stare at her in confusion.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I ask, slowly moving away from her.