Chapter 1

"Mia! How many times do I have to tell you to throw your tissues away in the garbage! You just keep putting them in places!" yelled Mia's mother from downstairs. "Sorry mom!" groaned Mia. She had a flu and it just wouldn't go away. Mia got out of bed and she changed her clothes. She wore an aqua t-shirt and a grey colured skater skirt and slipped on a grey cardigan. She plopped down the stairs and walked down into the kitchen. "Oh Mia, I'm Sorry. You look terrible. Here, sit down and I'll make you some tomato soup." said Mrs. Johnson. Thanks Mom." said Mia, as she picked up her tissues and threw them away and plopped herself in a chair. "Mornin' sweetheart." 'Morning Dad.' Mia sniffeled her nose. Her mom put a plate on each of the placemats. In Mia's plate there was scrambled egg, and peanut butter on toast, and on the side, a bowl of tomato soup.

Mia Johnson, a fifteen year old daredevil who loved exploring and was the most popular girl in school. She had long brown hair and long eyelashes. She had just moved into the town known as Lowlane View. Her family was very rich. She had four bestfriends named Lizzie, Ariana, Madison and Isabelle. She also had had two brothers, the older one Jake and the younger one Ashton, and two younger sisters named Alyson and Lauren. But she didnt always have only two sisters. Mia once had an older sister, an older sister named Katherine who had gone missing when Mia was about five years old. Their whole family was devistated. It was this same town that her sister dissapeared from. Katherine and her friends had gone to the house which was on top of the hill at the end of her street. Mia's mother thought that it would be better for everyone if they were to come back here in hope of finding her lost daughter. But Mia could see in her mothers eyes, that there was no hope at all. It was as if all the happiness was taken from her mothers soul. Mia tried to be as nice and helpful to her mother as she could as she was now the eldest daughter in her family. Mia often missed her sister. Katherine was always there for Mia. But when Katherine went missing, her parents even reported a file to the Police Station, but no one could ever find her.

Mia got her backpack and put on her shoes and grabbed a sandwhich which was sealed in a nice plastic bag on her way out the door. She heard her parents talking a little quieter. She slowly crept up to the side of the wall and listened to them. "I was picking up a cheque from the bank yeterday and I saw that more than $30,000 were taken out in one day. Did you by chance take them out?" Mia herad her dad say. "Oh my Gosh, No. Who would be taking it out. That's horrible. Did you talk to the bank" Mia's Mom replied. 'Yeah I talked to them. They said unless they find the one who has actually been taking out the money, they are not going to give us the money back. We are being looted and I will get to the bottom of this." She heard her dad walking towards her, so she quickly ran to the door, but her mom stopped her. She was totally busted "Mia, you have to pick up Alyson and Lauren from school today because I need to stay at the Library a little later tonight. I wont be able to pick them up and neither will your father because he is also coming home late tonight; he has a very important meeting today with the Mayor." "Okay Mom, I'll pick them up." said Mia, with a sigh of relief. "I'd tell Jake to, but he has a very important project due that he has to do right away as soon as he comes home." said Mia's mom. "Do I also have to pick up Ashton as well?" asked Mia. " No dear, Ashton isn't feeling well so he wont be going to school today. I will be taking him to the Library with me." said her mom while cleaning the dirty dishes. Mia groaned. She was sick too but she never heard her mother say anything about her not going to school and on top of that, she had to now pick up her sisters too. There was no problem in picking them up except that her and her friends were about to hang out. Now she had to take her sisters too.

As Mia strudded down her front porch steps, she looked at the old greying house on top of the hill. She looked at it with rage and felt a little un-easy. She continued away from the house onto the sidewalk. She was looking at the ground while walking and never noticed that the sidewalk had just ended and she was on the street with zooming cars. She was lost in thought when she saw a car which was about to hit her but someone grabbed her out of the way onto the other side of the sidewalk. She looked up and saw the beautiful face of Ryan Carter. "Woah, be careful where you're going Mia. You were about to get crushed by a car. Mia stuttered "I - I - ... "Well its okay. At least I have an excuse for saving you." said Ryan. Mia blushed. "Thanks Ryan." said Mia. "Mind if I walk with you? We dont want you getting into anymore trouble do we?" said Ryan while fixing his hair. "Not at all." said Mia while smilinga little.

Ryan was the most popular guy in Mia's school. She had a crush on him since she was five. But since they had to move out of town, Mia was broken. And now, she's got anther chance with him. Mia could tell that Ryan liked her too. But she always tried to act natural around him. "Hey Mia, uh, the school prom is coming up next week, so, um i was wondering if, um, would you like to, to go with m -me?" asked Ryan. Mia felt her heart jump."SURE!!" yelled Mia. I - I mean sure...Id love to." said Mia with a delicate smile. "YESS!!" yelled Ryan. He walked with her until she reached her locker. "Okay bye Mia." said Ryan while putting his arm around her. "Bye." said Mia. Then Ryan ran off to his locker.

Mia grabbed her books and headed to her bestfriend Lizzie's locker. "Hey Mia!" said Lizzie in a high pitched voice. "Hey." said Mia as she sniffled her nose. Lizzie was wearing a pair of blue skinny jeans and a purple colured lace shirt. "So are we meeting up tonight?" asked Lizzie who seemed to be busy looking at herself in her locker mirror. "Yeah." said Mia. "But my sisters also have to come since my mom has to work a little later tonight so I have to pick them up and bring them with me." said Mia. "Oh, well its okay, they're kinda cute. And they are much older now so I'm pretty sure they are not that annoying." said Lizzie with a slight smile. " Whatever." said Mia. OMG, guess what." said Mia all of a sudden. "What? WHAT? Tell me!" questioned Lizzie. "Ryan just asked me to the dance!!" AAAHHHHH!!!! screamed Lizzie, who was no longer looking in the mirror. "What did you say to him"?! asked Liz looking hopeful. " I said YES!! "YAY"! screamed Lizzie again. "What's going on." asked Madison as she walked towards Lizzies locker. Madison was always the punk rock type. She had purple streaks in her black meduim hair and she was wearing a hot pink t-shirt that had a skull on it. Over that she wore a black leather biker jacket and a black skirt. Behind her were two girls: Ariana and Isabelle. They were both the simple type. Ariana had long brown hair and she wore a baby pink top with a white coloured cardigan and and blue skinny jeans and Isabelle was wearing a white shirt with a green cardigan and a white skirt. "Ryan just asked Mia to the dance! blurted out Lizzie. "Good for you Mia." said Isabelle. "Thanks guys" said Mia. "So where do you guys wanna go tonight?" asked Madison. "How about Pizza?" asked Ariana. "Yeah pizza sounds good." said Mia.

The bell rang and all the students started to get up and pack their bags. Mia quickly grabbed her bag and headed out the door and waited for her friends. When they finally came out, they started walking towards the Middle school across the street. Mia waited for her sisters to come out. Alyson was in seventh grade and Lauren was in sixth grade. They finally came out and all seven of them walked home to Mia's house. They were planning to go for pizza at around six o'clock, so they decided to stay at Mia's house in the meantime. They enterd her house and all put their bags in a corner. They all went upstairs to Mia's room. Mia sat on the ground along with her sisters, Isabelle and Lizzie, and Ariana and Madison sat on Mia's bed. "Okay guys, my older brother is in his room. He has a project due so don't disturb him and we gotta be really quiet." said Mia. "Hey, lets watch a movie." suggested Alyson. "Good idea" said Mia.

After they finished the movie, it was about 5:45. They grabbed their bags and walked out the front door. They all stopped for a minute and looked at the house at the top of the hill. Mia ignored it. Everytime she looked at it, she felt weird. It was in fact the house where her sister, Katherine had dissapeared. "C'mon guys, forget about that old house" said Mia unimpatiently. "What's wrong Mia? you can tell us. We're your bestfriends" said Isabelle. "Okay fine. My sister dissapeared in that house" she started. "She was a daredevil like me, so her friends dared her to stay in that house for at least an hour, so she took the dare. They waited outside for her and she didn't come out after an hour. So they thought that she was just playing a trick on them. Then it had been a few hours and she still hadn't come out of that house. So her friends went in and looked around and saw no one. Then one of her friends screamed and they saw..(snfh snfh)." Mia started crying. Her friends hugged her. "So what did they see?" asked Madison. "They saw Katherine's dead body..(snfh)" moaned Mia. And after that, the Police searched the whole house but found nothing, not even Katherines body, nothing exept for this." She pulled out a small golden peice of metal. It looked like something had been broken in half and this was one of the peices.