Chapter 3

They watched a scary movie called "In the Dead of Night." Lizzie was always scared of horror movies and so as usual she was screaming almost through out the whole movie. When the movie was finally over, Lizzie sreamed again. "Oh, sorry, my bad..."

"Well, we should get going." said Ryan. He got up and took a big stretch. "Okay, I'll drop you two to the door." said Mia while getting out of the blankets and walking towards the stairs. They got to the stairs and said Bye to each other. "Hey , I always found that house kinda creepy, eh?" said Ryan while putting on his shoes. Mia stared at the house. It's greying walls and shattered windows always gave Mia a chill in the spine too. She explained to Ryan about the house and the disappearance of her sister, but she didn't cry this time.

"Oh, I'm really sorry." said Ryan while giving Mia a hug. "Anyways, it's getting pretty late, your parents are gonna want you guys home." said Mia. "Okay, bye." "Bye."

Mia closed the door and got headed down the hall to the kitchen for a glass of water. All that popcorn had made her throat dry. As she grabbed herself a glass and filled it up with water, she was about to take a sip when she noticed something. There was a really small door right above her top cabinet. She had been here for for almost seven months and never noticed it. Then she remembered - it hit her mind so hard. How could she have been so blind. The day Katherine went missing, she and Mia had been trying to get that door open.They finally got it open with a golden key. A key which broke into two peices and Mia was carrying one of them in her very pocket at that very moment.

Mia reached into her pocket and looked at it like she had never been happier to see it in her life. "Darn it, wheres the other peice!" Mia looked around desperately as if it were just lying around somewhere. Mia was so desperate beacause she remembered Katherine going through the door and coming back out like she was so amazed. Then she remembered something else. When Katherine came back out of the door, she said something about the house on the hill.