Intro

(Hope Swan-Jones)

Hi, I'm Hope Swan-Jones, daughter of Emma Swan and Killian Jones; you may have heard their story. You see, my Mother is the daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming. My father, on the other hand, pun intended, is Captain Hook, the one-handed Pirate.

As you can imagine, I was raised with stories of knights, princes and dark curses. I was told endless stories about my family's battles to be together and how they grew into who they are today.

You may think you know StoryBrooke, but you only know the old StoryBrooke like the one my half-brother Henry,  was raised in but if you recall the last page of the first story written about the Saviour, my Mother, they brought the  Enchanted Forest here, my Auntie Regina was crowned Queen.

Of course, I was raised alongside giants, beanstalks, pirates and Princesses. I am a Pirate Princess of sorts. I spent my time split between the royal castle and the docks aboard the Jolly Roger; my father taught me to sail and dance, and my Mother taught me to love and protect my people.

I am the best part of both my parents. Even though my family defeated all the villains in their stories, dark forces are still lurking at every turn. My parents, grandparents, and brother never let me out of their sight. I have the most "amazing out of their sights. I have the most amazing life, but my life could be so much more; I've never faced a dragon or ogres like my family has, but I want to with all my heart.

I turn seventeen next month. Despite being nearly an adult, being a princess often left me feeling trapped, confined to the castle walls where I was raised. Yes, I get to spend time at the docks, but I'm always with Father when I go.

But today, all that changed as I changed into my black leggings, black top, and Mother's red jacket. I wore it often when aboard the Jolly Roger. I had to be flexible to wield a sword. I adorned a cloak to hide who I was until I got to the docks.