for better or for worse (3) | t.h

Pairing: Tom Holland x reader (CEO!Tom)

Summary: In order to inherit his father's company, your best friend, Tom asks you to marry him. What could possibly go wrong?

Word count: 2.7k

Warning: this is hella angsty, a few bad words here and there and a ton of heartache so please don't kill me

A/n: this is my first series, please don't let it flop😫! so i know i said i would update every 3 day but i spent the entire day writing and rewriting chapter 3 and i'm finally happy with it and i was really excited for you guys to read it so here is chapter 3!! :) your feedback is always appreciated, please let me know what you think!

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

You slammed the door behind you, dropping your worn out heels on your apartment floor, your cheeks were stained with tears and mascara, you hadn't even bothered to hide the tears that slid down your cheeks when you were in the cab, sobbing silently, it took you everything just to not look back and the pity glances that the driver gave you made things worse.

Going to the god damned club was a huge mistake, a mistake that you should have never made, you wanted to get Tom out of your head, get that stupid charming, boyish grin and that smooth, silky voice out of your mind and if anything, it was ingrained deeper in your memories now.

Your skin still burned from his every touch, you could still feel his fingertips dancing across your flesh, you remembered how his lips felt pressing against yours in a bruising kiss and how he had pressed open mouthed kisses on your shoulders and you hated how you craved for more, craved for more of his touch despite how he practically crushed your heart like it had meant absolutely nothing to him.

Your phone vibrated and you glanced down, Tom's name flashing on the screen, the picture that you had taken with him at Disneyworld staring back at you, the wide smile that the both of you had on your faces seemed to mock you silently, reminding of the days where your love for Tom was innocent, the days where you would blush when he pulled you close to his side, your stomach practically doing flips when he pressed a gentle kiss on your temple, the days when loving Tom didn't hurt.

You bite down on your lip as you fought back the tears that welled up in your eyes only to terribly as you choked back on a sob, your thumb pressing the decline button, as soon as you did that, your phone lit up, messages from Tom flooding in, all of them apologies for what happened and you chuckled dryly when you realized the man believed that an apology could fix what went wrong.

You chucked your phone to the side and just when you decided to grab that half-eaten tub of ice cream your fridge, you heard a loud knock at your front door.

"(Y/n)!". You froze, your heart thundering in your chest as the oh so familiar voice flooded your apartment, you clenched your fist, wondering what the hell had bought Tom back.

"(Y/n) please, open the door, we need to talk!".

You kept mum, not a single word slipping past your lips as the knocks grew louder and soon, the knocks turned into pounding.

"I'll knock the fuckin' door down," You could hear the desperation in his voice, his voice was shaky and apart of you wanted to do as he asked, open the door, hear him out and then, end up having to swallow all your feelings down just as you did every single time.

"Just, j-just please open the door love, please". Tom continued, his voice soft, almost as if he was pleading with you.

"I know you're inside love, pl-"

"Leave".

"(Y/n)"

"Just leave Thomas".

You stood at the back of your door, a lump forming in your throat as you struggled to stop yourself from shaking, covering your mouth with your hand as you muffled the sounds of your cries, the sounds of his footsteps growing softer and softer as you collapsed, the sobs that you had tried so hard to hide escaping as you broke down, tears streaming down your face.