for better or for worse (4) | t.h

Pairing: Tom Holland x reader (CEO!Tom)

Summary: In order to inherit his father's company, your best friend, Tom asks you to marry him. What could possibly go wrong?

Word count: 2.5k

Warning: angsty, heartbreak, a very teeny sprinkle of fluff if you squint hard enough

A/n: this is my first series, please don't let it flop😫! i'm pretty nervous about this chapter so please let me know what you think of it, your feedback is always appreciated! :)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"So where are you from?" You asked in an effort to make conversation with your date, well it wasn't exactly a date that you had planned, but rather the blind date that your two girlfriends had planned with Zendaya saying something about you having to get out of the house.

"Boston ma'am". He replied with an almost shy smile, from what you could remember, his name was Ryan and he was Deja's colleague who had stopped by London for a business trip.

You had to admit that he was handsome with tousled blonde hair, a jaw so sharp that it could almost rival a certain brunette you knew, and he had a pair of gorgeous green eyes which looked just like how Zendaya had described, green as emeralds and for a second you found yourself lost in them.

"What about you?" Ryan asked as he bought his wine glass to his lips which you couldn't but notice didn't look as soft as the ones that you had kissed nearly three weeks ago and you felt horrible, you were on a date and your mind was on someone else, someone whom you hadn't seen in two weeks since that confrontation in the bathroom of your office.

"I'm right here at home". You said with a forced smile, your fingers toying with the napkin that sat on your lap, it was a deep navy colour which instantly reminded you of the suits he wore at work, the way it was so form fitting that it looked like It was made just for him.

The simple thought of that sent memories flooding back into your head, the smiles that the two of used to exchange to the first time he pulled you close during your first heartbreak and you hated yourself for still being able to remember the familiar smile of the cologne he used, you remembered it so clearly because you had gotten it for him during his birthday, and after that, it became the only cologne he ever used.

"It reminds me of you love". He had said when you asked him why he refused to try out different scents when you both were at a store, Christmas shopping.

"I want to feel you by side every second of the day" He had replied you with a boyish grin when you blushed ten shades of red, your heart thundering in your chest when his hazel eyes met yours.

"(Y/N?)" You were pulled out of your thoughts, you shot an apologetic smile towards your date whom you knew deep down you were barely interested in. Your heart was with a certain brunette and despite how much you wanted it back, you were pretty sure he would never return it to you.

Dinner ended quickly, both of you barely exchanging a few pleasantries before dessert arrived and you cursed yourself mentally when the waiter served up vanilla ice cream, the same exact on that you and him used to share and somehow a part of you felt that sharing the dessert with Ryan felt wrong, you dug into it anyway, trying your best to enjoy it without the image of the man who once was your best friend clouding your mind.

The night came a standstill when Ryan dropped you off at your apartment block. "I guess there won't be a second date?" He asked with a sad smile that made you feel worse about dinner knowing that he probably could have spent his Friday evening with a girl who was genuinely interested in him.