Chapter Five: Hexed

*It goes from chapter 3 to chapter 5, dw there's no missing chapters I just need to change the titles lol*

The password to Slytherin common room was quite ironic coming from my muggle-born tongue:

"Pureblood."

I spoke this word in a hushed, nervous voice, staring expectantly at the stone wall in front of me. A kind Gryffindor girl had guided me as far as she could, before parting at the end of the corridor. From there on I'd then had to venture down to the dungeons alone. It was dark, desolate, echoey and eerie - and with each slow step I took, my nerves doubled.

All this time I'd thought myself so mature, and yet here I'd been for the majority of today: as frightened and as spooked as a child.

My breath hitched in my throat as the stone wall parted, opening to reveal a dimly lit, surprisingly cosy looking common room. There were bookshelves, green velvet sofa's and expensive-looking leather ones. Two crackling, glowing fireplaces and tall floor to ceiling windows which looked out into the underwater world of the lake. . .

I had another thought similar to that of the falling candles in the dining hall: What the hell are we all going to do if the glass down here cracks? Swim? Drown?

It wasn't worth thinking about right now. Because suddenly, I was aware of many pairs of curious, judging eyes glued on me. Most students took a quick, up and down glance and went back to their conversations, indifferent. There was a large gaggle of Slytherin's crowding around the main sofa areas, however, who stayed gaping at me without shame.

I spotted a flash of white hair and my mouth went dry. Sure enough, there he was: Draco Malfoy. Lay across the sofa with his head in the lap of a very striking looking girl who had shiny raven black hair. He was gazing up at the ceiling, busy scowling and talking in very bitter, clipped tones as the dark-haired girl ran her hands affectionately through his silky hair.

"- Potter better keep an eye out this year. If he so much as looks at me the wrong way again through his poxy little glasses I swear I'll snap his broomstick in half-" Draco was deep in his rant. Ranting mostly to himself.

The dark-haired girl's lips pursed together in displeasure when she spotted me by the door. The other Slytherin's gave me strange looks as well. Irritated, glaring, whispering stares . .

I turned on my heel to head to the dormitory. Understandably, I wasn't looking to stay and have a chat. It was late, and I needed to curl up in a bed someplace dark so I could play over today's chaotic events in my mind. That was when the whispers started shooting out, making my paranoia spike.

"It's her again!"

"It isn't? Is that her? The girl who slapped you?"

"What a bitch!"

"Look at her! Where's she been anyway? Only just coming back at this time?"

"Probably off crying in the girl's bathroom because she misses mummy and daddy."

That last comment was drawled out deliberately loudly, in a familiar, cynical, harsh voice. It was followed by a ripple of supportive laughter, which angered me enough to impulsively spin on my heel, setting my deathly scowl on his smug expression.

Train boy - Malfoy - raised his eyebrows, not bothering to lift his head from the girl's lap.

"Are you going to stand there shooting me filthy looks or are you going to show some Slytherin spirit and slap me again?" His eyes darkened with evil delight when all I did was frown. "Scared, Lockwood? But you were so cocky on the train this morning. What changed? Lost your nerve?"